Can't believe I saw this...

Should have purchased one of these from the Disney store. There's no listing and you are guaranteed to stay dry.

View attachment 138039
Unfortunately, usually the type of people who would just go ahead and urinate in a public area like what OP witnessed are not the type of people who would purchase a vessel for these types of circumstances. Could you imagine if they sold these bags in the stores and resort sundry shops? Egad, the ideas it would put in people's minds!

But how would they know that the mother was telling the truth about trying to rejoin her family? Unfortunately, "I want to rejoin my family" is a common ploy to try to cut the line.

I must be a strange person - but the thought of preventing 2 people going down the line would never enter my mind. Two extra people wouldn't make any difference to my actual wait time on most rides. I suppose folks get worked up when the CM asks how many in their party and they have too many, but someone behind them has the right number and are able to get on before them.

I must be a strange person - but the thought of preventing 2 people going down the line would never enter my mind. Two extra people wouldn't make any difference to my actual wait time on most rides.
That's actually a very common reaction here on the boards.

But if every party in line was suddenly joined by two extra people... imagine the delays from that.

Try to keep in mind that to them you were being the rude one. Disney really doesn't have a rule with regards to allowing parents back in line if they need to step out with their child. Many will be fine with it, but some won't be. Bad luck you ran into people who wouldn't let you pass. It is too bad the CM who told you you could rejoin the line wasn't around to help out.
I understand that's how it seemed I was being rude. That's why I just stayed at the back of the line until I saw DH. They could all ride together and wouldn't take up an extra ship. It is to bad the CM was not there I just thought them locking arms was nuts. I was not rude I don't really have the guts for confrontation expecially with people at Disney.

It's unbelievable to me sometimes, the things parents instruct their kids to do.

If I had a nickel for every kid some parent pulled in front of my ECV at WDW with a second to spare before it would have been impossible to stop or swerve, I'd have enough nickels for another trip. sometimes whole lines of four or five kids holding hands. Without even looking back to see if they had been flattened. As long as they kept to their schedule, they didn't care if they made it to the next stop alive or dead.

Spa & Pool chemicals do not "kill all the germs" - they handle minor imbalances. As you will see with a rogue BM, you must shut down a pool with suspected contamination and perform special testing (not just routine PH and chlorine levels.)

A couple of years ago I watched a father condone his 7 year old boy peeing in the pool at BWV with a high five. A few of us retreated to the spa upon witnessing this while we were in the same pool. 15 minutes later, the boy comes charging toward the Spa. I stopped him, saying out loud how I saw him pee in the pool and said "you cannot come in here." The other spa occupants applauded. 10 minutes later his grandpa came over and apologized for his grandson's behavior. I could tell he was super embarrassed about his son (the father) too.

What surprised me more than the event and father's behavior was the reaction I got here on Disboards - 20% of responses said I was inappropriate for confronting the boy and his family to stop it!

Disney does have a procedure. It isn't fun to clean up but I had my fair share of calls to custodial as a CM to help with a urine clean up. It would not be a protein spill/ code-v as those are vomit exclusive. My area called them yellow spills and a code B for the solid waste. Had a CP acquaintance quiet his second day because he had to go get poop out of the play area in Mission Space exit. From what I heard he went to his manager and said he didn't go to college to clean up someone else's poop.

It is totally disgusting, clean up procedure or not. She could have told the CM at the FP entrance that her little one desperately needed to pee and I'm positive they would have let her back in line when she got back.

When I worked at Disney in the early 2000's, the codes were:
Code U: Urine
Code V: Vomit (often paired with "Pixie Dust", a sort of cat litter substance that clumped it all together)
Code H: As in...Horse manure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter