• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cans of beer @ SAB Beach Club

brownsoup

Disney Daddy
Has anyone ran into issues with taking a soft cooler with ice/beer/soda (all cans) to the Stormalong Bay pool? (or any pool for that matter)

I can think of a few reasons why Disney would discourage this (mostly $$$) but was curious...Steve :wizard:

I have done it numerous times w/ no problems.
I always bring beer holders/koozies/huggies.
If you buy bottles remember to bring cups to pour them into.
One time the pool waitress even brought us out more ice :thumbsup2

Great suggestions; thanks! After reading a bit farther along, I came across another thread about this topic (to which I can't yet post the URL since I am a newbie to the DIS boards!)

Man, I could keep reading until August and still not get to everything on these boards! Yeesh! :)

We've done it three years in a row and have not been questioned once. :thumbsup2

My sister and I were at Pop, she drinks those thick import beers (in glass, yikes!) but she had a "bottle coozie" at the tables near the pool, and it was not a problem.

CMsWife, welcome to the boards! I'm pretty new too! Have fun reading, and planning!

ryley26, hello fellow ohioan (and race fan, too I see!) I love nascar!

The only issue I've ever run into with a beer cooler at SAB is running out of beer and having to get more.

My mom and I do it everyday! We've never had a problem...the occasional evil eye from some other guests but no problems from CMs. We're not drunks, we're just from Wisconsin ;)

Ames said:
My mom and I do it everyday! We've never had a problem...the occasional evil eye from some other guests but no problems from CMs. We're not drunks, we're just from Wisconsin ;)

hee hee that made me chuckle. :rotfl2:

I have a small collapsible cooler which travels with me. I go to the shop at the BC, pick up some chilled cans of my favorite beverage ;), then stop at the ice machine. I have had no problems taking this into SAB. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter