• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canon Rebel Advice

Would a Canon Rebel EOS T3i with NeoPrem case, Canon Tele-converter TC-DC 58 1.5 lens, memory card, charger and 2 batteries $450 be a good deal?

What would you offer on this deal?
I wouldn't. The teleconverter is a terrible idea if it even fits the camera. Batteries, memory card, and case are added to make it look like a better deal, but are worth less than the mark-up.

For that money, I'd buy this T5i kit: http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/c...m-is-stm-ef-s-55-250mm-is-stm-kit-refurbished

I disagree with this statement. There are Canon lovers and Nikon lovers in the photography world. It depends who you are talking to or reading. Both have good and about equal entry level cameras. Once you select a brand and start the expensive part of buying lenses then it is very expensive to change brands as the lenses do not work on the other brands.

What would you buy and why? Also, please note that I stated it is a great choice, but I didn't say 'only choice'.

I started out with the idea to buy a Canon (my reason for jumping into this thread) and my research steered me to Nikon, but that doesn't mean that is the only way to go. Also, it seems to me that if someone is going to get serious about photography, that these cheap starter kits are not necessarily going to hinder a change in direction. Seems that many of the pros have changed back and forth a few times in their careers from some of what I am reading.

What would you buy and why? Also, please note that I stated it is a great choice, but I didn't say 'only choice'.

I started out with the idea to buy a Canon (my reason for jumping into this thread) and my research steered me to Nikon, but that doesn't mean that is the only way to go. Also, it seems to me that if someone is going to get serious about photography, that these cheap starter kits are not necessarily going to hinder a change in direction. Seems that many of the pros have changed back and forth a few times in their careers from some of what I am reading.
It's been a few years since I worried about it, but at that time, Canon used CMOS sensors, while Nikon used CCD's. And, again, at that time, CMOS sensors were better at handling low-light, high-ISO situations. I haven't researched in a while, so I don't know if things have changed. www.fredmiranda.com is a great place to research.

It's obviously much more difficult to swap after you have $5k invested in lenses, but the body will start you down that path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter