Canon 17-55 F/2.8 refurb

And I would hope that new lens is really good. With a $900 price tag, I would expect it to be. I'm glad I have my old one that cost less than half the price.

$900 is a bargin for that lens. The canon and Nikon versions are around $1500. All of those lenses are full frame lenses.

Sigma also makes a 30mm 1.4 for the crop sensor cameras that is around 500 and that is a brand new version of the lens.

$900 is a bargin for that lens. The canon and Nikon versions are around $1500. All of those lenses are full frame lenses.

Sigma also makes a 30mm 1.4 for the crop sensor cameras that is around 500 and that is a brand new version of the lens.

It must be one amazing lens. I'm really happy with my old 30mm from them though so I'll never find out.

Well now I am beginning to get a bit stressed out. I ordered the lens Thursday morning and paid for 2 day shipping. I keep checking on the order and it says "warehoused". I called Canon this morning and they told me it was released to ship and should show that within a few hours. Well now here I am 7 hours later and it still says "warehoused.

The reason I am getting a bit nervous is I leave for Disney wed so it really needs to be here by Tues the latest. for one I really would like to take it with me but for two if i comes wed or later there will be no way for me to sign for the delivery.

Hopefully I will get up tommorow morning and it will say it has shipped.

Just thought I would throw an update ot there. The lens arrived today:banana:

It appears to b in good shpe and good working order as I have played around with it a bit.

I did order the lens cap for naught as it did come with one on it. Oh well i guess I have an extra now if I ever need it lol.

Leave for Disney tommorow morning so we will see how it works there. :thumbsup2

Actually I am just glad to be going. Been really sick the last 4 days but today things are finally a bit better. Really thankful for that as I was guilt ridden thinking I may have to tell my daughter who has been keeping a countdown calandar for 56 days now that we may not get to go.

Thanks again to all who gave input on the lens.

I hope you're on the mend.

So glad your lens arrived just in the nick of time!

Have a great trip! :cool1:

best of luck on the trip

you are going to be very happy with the lens. I was very hesitant to spend alot of money on a lens because i thought "how much better can be". I will tell you it is "that much better" but be careful, its addictive. Now your going to want equally good lenses for the rest of your focal lengths.

Lol. I second the comment above! Have a great trip! It will be fun having a new toy with u for it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well I have now been playin with the new lens all afternoon and have two things that have really stuck out so far.

First this lens focuses fast, so much faster than anything i have had before.

Second it really takes in alot more light (as one would expect with a 2.8 constant ap) but it is really noticable. And the images are really nice even wide open.

Very happy with it so far, glad I decided to take the leap and stretch the budget a bit to get it.:thumbsup2

Well I have now been playin with the new lens all afternoon and have two things that have really stuck out so far.

First this lens focuses fast, so much faster than anything i have had before.

Second it really takes in alot more light (as one would expect with a 2.8 constant ap) but it is really noticable. And the images are really nice even wide open.

Very happy with it so far, glad I decided to take the leap and stretch the budget a bit to get it.:thumbsup2

A lot of lenses are also soft when used wide open. I love that I can get great results even at 2.8. Couple that with the great IS and you can handhold down to a very slow shutter speed.

I have a Canon 2.8 zoom rented for my son's graduation this weekend. I can't wait to see how that one performs. Couldn't pull the trigger and buy that one outright. After rebate right now, it's "only" $2200. :scared1: Still, if it performed like my 17-55, I'd be mighty tempted to save up and get one. But I doubt I'll enjoy carrying it around enough to justify the cost, so it will have to remain a rental option for me.

I ordered the 17-55 f/2.8 last week after saving for a very long time and finding the best sale price I had seen ever. I used it for the first the other night at my son's baccalaureate mass and all I can say is "WOW"! I am so glad I took the plunge! I could see the improved quality immediately! I think I will definitely be getting my money's worth out of this lens! Have a great time in WDW~

I ordered the 17-55 f/2.8 last week after saving for a very long time and finding the best sale price I had seen ever. I used it for the first the other night at my son's baccalaureate mass and all I can say is "WOW"! I am so glad I took the plunge! I could see the improved quality immediately! I think I will definitely be getting my money's worth out of this lens! Have a great time in WDW~

My son's baccalaureate is tomorrow night. I have no idea what the setting will be like photographically, so I'm bringing the 17-55 along with the zoom I have rented for graduation.

Glad you're enjoying the lens! I hope you got some great portraits of your graduate with that lens!

Well we are back from Florida. The trip was great and I have to say the lens worked beyond great.

Didn't really get to take alot of pics as it was just me and my daughter this trip so the camera did not get taken out as much as it would have had there been another adult along.

The image quality and constant 2.8 were amazing with the new lens. So much more low light capability compared to the variable aperture on my previous "walk around" lens. I tried to test its limits in several different ways and it performed great in all cases. The only time it had a bit of trouble was when i tried to do a kind of "artsy" shot involving a hanging light bulb and it had a hard time locking in on the curved surface of the bulb when i had it set at 2.8 aperture, but I would assume that would be very difficult for any lens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter