Canon 1200mm f/5.6 L USM

mhutchinson

An Original Mouseketeer
For anyone with a very large pocketbook and wanting the cabability of taking pictures of the WDW firework show FROM home, I thought I would share this. The 1200mm is 36 lbs 33" long and 9" wide (won't take a 77mm filter :rotfl2: , 48mm rear drop in) , custom made (less than 20 have been made to date), at just around $250K each (prices may vary)....do they accept PayPal???

Canon1200mm.jpg

This is the clarity at an object just over 1 mile away from the lens.... :tinker:

1MileAway.jpg

And incase you need a little more reach, you can add a 1.4X or 2X teleconverter to the lens......and yes it will fit on the Rebel XT :laughing: with a factor equivelant of 1920mm :scared1:

more informations is here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/newsLetter/Mother-of-All-L-Lenses.jsp

This I would like to see being toted around WDW :rolleyes1

Michael

at just around $250K each (prices may vary)....

I've heard lots of different prices quoted for the lens, but none from reliable sources. $250K is the highest that I've seen. $80K to $200K covers the prior prices I've heard quoted. The only real hard price reference I've seen is that $100K price for the used one at B&H. The lens is no longer made.

This I would like to see being toted around WDW

For the record, I was NOT carrying one of these at WDW.

And incase you need a little more reach, you can add a 1.4X or 2X teleconverter to the lens......and yes it will fit on the Rebel XT :laughing: with a factor equivelant of 1920mm :scared1:

more informations is here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/newsLetter/Mother-of-All-L-Lenses.jsp

This I would like to see being toted around WDW :rolleyes1

Michael

the only sad thing about using the teleconverter is that you can no longer use the AF... you might need to get a 3rd person to do manual focus. haha

I want this now! *drool*
Alas though just like the average guy sitting at the stage in a strip club oogling the hot model on the stage, this too is out of my price range :rotfl:

anyone know of a camera bag that would fit in?

when you get your van back from the shop you'd have a great roll around one:lmao:

Well, I almost broke down and bought it. Then I checked shipping. They want over $500 just to ship the darn thing! I'm going to wait and see if I can pick one up on Amazon using Prime for free shipping.

anyone know of a camera bag that would fit in?

You can make yourself an open top trailer and then have a canvas covering to put over it. Tow it with a heavy duty pickup. Thats about as close to a bag as you'll get for that thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter