Candy Cane Inn Vs Carousel

ltlbird2003

Earning My Ears
Which would be better for me, hubby, and 2 little ones (2 1/2 & 9 mo)? I know that Carousel is closer and we wouldn't have to use a shuttle. That is a plus when you factor in a double stroller and baby paraphernalia. But I have heard some not so great things about the Carousel – not clean, a little shabby. And everyone LOVES the CCI. We won’t be spending tons of time in the room – bed time and nap time. And we will only be staying 2 nights… Suggestions?

The candy cane is only a 10 minute walk if you dont want to use the shuttle. I've stayed there twice, and will stay there in the future.

I guess it would depend on what is most important to you - location vs. nicer hotel. I've stayed at both and while I love the Candy Cane, it is at least a 1/2 mile walk if you don't want to use the shuttle. After a long day in the parks, the last thing I want to do is walk another 1/2 mile to get back to the room. So for the location reason alone, I would choose the Carousel. It's fine if you're just looking for somewhere to shower/sleep imo. I would sure love it if they could pick up the CCI and move it right across the street though!!

Caprice said:
does the shuttle for CCI come often? is it on a dependable schedule?

The shuttle runs every half-hour, and it's reliable. This way you have an option of walking/not walking. With Carousel, you'll have to walk, and even this will sometimes seem long after a day at the parks!

The advantages to CCI are:

--better breakfasts
--nicer pool and it HAS a hot tub
--you can park right at your room--less walking/elevator riding, etc.
--comfy beds

Advantages to Carousel:

--bigger rooms
--cheaper
--view of the park from the breakfast room (you can watch fireworks in there)
--very close

Personally, I didn't think the Carousel was "shabby," just not as nice as the Candy Cane.

I have never stayed at CCI but we stayed at Carousel last summer and it was fine, not shabby. There was a frig, microwave and coffe pot in the room. Plus the free breakfast..

We have stayed at both the Carousel and the CCI.

The hotel was OK when we stayed at the Carousel but they did not offer us very good service...they reserved us connected rooms (they don't have any in the hotel at all) and did not tell us the pool would be down the entire stay (the kids were very disappointed) and nobody on the desk seemed to care at all that we were so unhappy. The rooms we had were clean but smelled very strongly of coconut....I'm not sure why. Neither my family or the family we were going to have an ajoining room with enjoyed our stay there but the third family that travelled with us had no problem. The breakfast room had a great view and the Carousel is closer than the CCI.

We have always had terrific service at the CCI and don't find the walk to/from the park to be an issue. We had both little ones and older adults (not in great shape) with us the last time we stayed and nobody found the walk difficult. The availablilty (and regularity) of the shuttle is a bonus and it is not just a van but a fairly large bus. The rooms we have stayed in were not noticeably smaller than the room we had at the Carousel but one of our friends had a room with a different configuration in November and it was smaller. The beds were much more comfortable at the CCI than at the Carousel, the room was more attractive and in better repair, the grounds and pool area are nicer and the breakfast is better (all my opinion, of course!).

We would choose the CCI over the Carousel but we don't need to worry about strollers etc. anymore either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter