Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

This has just gotten crazy. It seems it would have been easier to do so many other things; like build a hotel from scratch. (Kidding, sorta.)

I didn’t even think it needed that much work? I feel bad for the owners they are losing so much money every day that passes.

When did they start the work? How far into DL closure was it?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is a sale pending.
I know this is wild speculation but the only explanation that makes sense to me is Disney is picking up the tab as some future deal down the road.
If Disney is involved it explains why every step is so painfully slow.

But I am just making that up to be clear.

It makes me sad that they haven’t reopened as this has been our go-to for over a decade. I love the convenience,it’s always been clean, we even get the same room when possible. The same staff have been there for years, it’s like seeing old friends.

I can’t imagine what is taking so long, unless they really weren’t working for a good portion of the COVID shutdown.

It was my understanding that the same family has owned this, and they are probably millionaires by now. I would hate to see them sell. They have great reviews by their employees on indeed.com

Fingers crossed, they will be open in the fall when I hopefully will return.

I thought Disney already owns the land the hotel sits on. My understanding was the only thing they didn’t own on that corner is the plot of land the 7-11 is on.

I thought Disney already owns the land the hotel sits on. My understanding was the only thing they didn’t own on that corner is the plot of land the 7-11 is on.
People have posted in other threads that the CCI is the one hotel in the DLR area that is still privately owned -- which, I think, includes the land. I'm sure Disney is just waiting to get their hands on that property. There is an image of the hotel ownership paperwork somewhere on this board.

We were just there. Had to stay at the SpringHill Suites on the SW corner of Harbor and Katella because the Candy Cane is closed. There is absolutely no way they are planning to sell based on my observations of the renovations. There is some serious work going on there. If they were selling they wouldn't have bothered to spend anything on renovations.

I looked at the Yelp page for Candy Cane Inn a minute ago and there's no mention on Yelp that says Candy Cane Inn is closed because when a place that's listed on Yelp is not shown it will feature the word "CLOSED" on it which Candy Cane Inn's page doesn't have. I did learn that Candy Cane Inn is gonna have premium rooms with breakfast service and the premium rooms will be bigger. But what I think the owners of Candy Cane Inn will do is expand the hotel into making some of the rooms into suites and I think with these new premium rooms Candy Cane Inn will attract more visitors and Disneyland audience too

I looked at the Yelp page for Candy Cane Inn a minute ago and there's no mention on Yelp that says Candy Cane Inn is closed because when a place that's listed on Yelp is not shown it will feature the word "CLOSED" on it which Candy Cane Inn's page doesn't have. I did learn that Candy Cane Inn is gonna have premium rooms with breakfast service and the premium rooms will be bigger. But what I think the owners of Candy Cane Inn will do is expand the hotel into making some of the rooms into suites and I think with these new premium rooms Candy Cane Inn will attract more visitors and Disneyland audience too
Candy Cane Inn has always had premiums rooms, which are slightly larger. The premium rooms have always had breakfast service. You leave your "menu" out the night before and they'd deliver to your room at the time you asked. The premium rooms were always my favorite. It is currently refurbishing the entire inn. It is currently "closed", but only temporarily.

I know this is wild speculation but the only explanation that makes sense to me is Disney is picking up the tab as some future deal down the road.
If Disney is involved it explains why every step is so painfully slow.

But I am just making that up to be clear.
When Disney purchased the Carousel Inn, they tore it down. The family that owns the property has said they would not sell. They would not be doing these upgrades just to sell. And no way Disney is picking up this tab.

I called a few weeks ago to make reservations for June 20-25. They said they plan on opening around the first of June if everything stays on track. Fingers crossed!
I was curious, did they say if everything will be open? Worried we will have a room, but no pool or breakfast if it is only partially complete. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter