• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn - Rates?

KandyM

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I have a reservation for February but I've been checking regularly to see if the rate might drop. It never seems to change at all and I've been watching since around April. Does this hotel ever drop rates? I'm staring to think I am wasting my time.
Thanks

I've never seen them drop outside of offering 10% offer AP HOLDERS and may offer AAA discounts if you call.

I really don't think it does. The rate has been very steady over the last several years. The last time I got a bargain rate at Candy Cane Inn was January 2012.

I was torn between the Park Vue Inn and Candy Cane Inn for my trip this past summer. I settled on PVI since it was closer, and we probably would not use the CCI shuttle. I probably booked in April for a trip in late June. I checked the rates for both consistently, and the rate for both did drop over time. By the end CCI was cheaper, but I still went with PVI. It probably started out at $180/nt and went down to about $140/nt.
You should definitely keep checking...

I was torn between the Park Vue Inn and Candy Cane Inn for my trip this past summer. I settled on PVI since it was closer, and we probably would not use the CCI shuttle. I probably booked in April for a trip in late June. I checked the rates for both consistently, and the rate for both did drop over time. By the end CCI was cheaper, but I still went with PVI. It probably started out at $180/nt and went down to about $140/nt.
You should definitely keep checking...

Good to know. We haven't stayed there since January 2012, but I still look at the rates often. I must not look far enough out because I will find a rate, follow it for anywhere from two to six months and never see a change.

It may drop a little - I booked a couple of months ago for my trip this month, and just checked the web site today to see if it had dropped. It dropped about $15/night since the time I booked it - but when I called to see if they'd honor the lower rate, they said they couldn't do it! I'm not sure why - the reservationist couldn't explain why they wouldn't do that.

If they won't switch your existing reservation to the new rates, can you make a new reservation and cancel the old? I think it would achieve the same thing. We are staying at CCI for the first time in November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter