Candy Cane Inn or Hilton Concierge?

the.leonhardts

Mouseketeer
Okay, I've got a serious case of waffling going on here. . . Teenage daughter and I are going to Disneyland for 3 nights next week. Decided I'd like close proximity. For about the same rate, we can (1) stay at the Hilton, on the concierge level, walk to the Timon parking lot and take the shuttle, or (2) stay at the Candy Cane Inn and take their free shuttle.

What would you do??

Thanks!
Judy

If the conceirge is including extras then I would be tempted to go with that, the CCI is a nice motel but it is a motel. The Hilton is a Hotel, I have never stayed there so can't comment on its facilities. CCI is within walking distance (just over half a mile) although there are others much closer with better rates.

I agree.. if the rates are about the same I'd go Hilton...we stayed at the Annabella (in 2004) on Katella just across from Disney's California Adventure and really liked it there. It was my first trip back there since moving to Florida in 1999.

Need more info on what the extras are at the Hilton. But, unless you get a lot of food/beverages and a superior room, I vote for the CCI. I mean, we've all stayed at Hiltons a million times, right? How often can you experience the lovely, cozy quaintness of the CCI? It is a unique place with a lot of extra touches. I guess it just boils down to what is important to you. Oh, and just how far is that walk to the Timon lot? "Disney" blocks can be very long! Good luck deciding.;)

Hilton Concierge was very nice, but CCI clearly has a better location (walking vs. ART). The lounge at the Hilton was great.

We (5 of us) were at CCI last week and had a premium room. Absolutely no complaints. The walk to the DL entrance was a breeze. The free shuttle was simply a bonus if we didn't feel like walking, especially after a long day in the park and it was enough already.

I'd pick the Hilton. I've stayed there before and like it! Concierge is always good too! To me neither is in walking distance (not gonna debate that again though, JMO). So for the concierge I'd pick the Hilton!

They both seem like great location. The Hilton Concierge room is also Disneyland View. I'm a Hiltons Honor Silver member, so I might get a slight boost in room. . .

For those in the know -- walking back to the Hilton the couple of blocks from the Lion King parking garage after dark -- 2 women -- safe?? We're not nervous nellies -- my daughter and I have been all over Europe together, and I've traveled alone in Detroit, NYC, New Orleans, most major cities. . . I just get a little extra cautious and protective when it's just her and I. . . Now, she's 5'8" and has an international gold medal in kung fu sparring -- so I guess it should be her protecting her poor old mother:rotfl: ?? Doesn't matter, she's still my baby. . .

Thanks!

Judy

I'm sure you guys will be fine. Just like anywhere, watch your surroundings. I have seen some interesting characters on Harbor. At our hotel, management was chasing some woman down the street in a golf cart! LOL I didn't know what that was all about. But we always felt safe walking back. Even so it's always wise to keep an eye out no matter where you are!

We belong to the Hilton Vacation Club, but opted for CCI (regular room) and loved it. We walked it once and while it wasn't bad at all, we used the extremely prompt bus every day because we did a LOT more walking within the park than we thought.

I always like the idea of racking up the points for the next trip.....so I would lean to Hilton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter