Candy Cane Inn experiences...

Disney Dudette

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had a bad experience staying at the Candy Cane Inn? We have never stayed there and have read a lot of good things about it, but wondered if there are any Disers who had a not-so-good experience and would like to share why. Thanks!

We haven't been there since 2007 and our experience was ok, not horrible but it wasn't the best hotel we've ever stayed in either. It's your basic older motel-style place. No frills but I remember it being reasonably clean and an easy walk to DL (and I was pregnant and in my second trimester at the time). I'd put the Candy Cane in with Hamptons and Fairfields and I've stayed in some that were nicer than Candy Cane, and some that weren't.

Overall I'd classify it as an ok place - great if you're just looking for a bed and shower at the end of the day and a free breakfast in the morning. At the time it worked for us because we didn't use the pool (it was January) and we didn't have kids yet. We'd look at staying again if DH & I could travel again without the kids. :)

Two weeks and counting and we will be back at Candy Cane Inn.

Yes, the buildings are not new. $150 per night vs. $300+ for Disney property.
I can deal with an older building. It is clean and well kept.
Staff is wonderful!

Breakfast, shuttle &/or walking distance, free parking are all deciding factors.
We've done HoJo and Tropicana.
We even splurged on Disneyland Hotel for my 40th bday.

What makes or breaks a hotel for you?

We stayed spring break 2013 & 2012...no problems!
We were there the same time as large crowds of cheerleaders were there..but they were not bad.
There was a lady on her phone in her car having a very heated conversation...I addressed it to the front desk and it was resolved.
The rooms aren't awesome, but they were clean, close and pretty quite ;)

It really comes down to cleanliness for me! (and, I would like to be close enough to the parks) I am a major germaphobe! I need clean sheets, pillows, bathrooms, floors, etc. Its the hardest part of vacationing for me... not being in my own bed and bathroom!

We stayed spring break 2013 & 2012...no problems!
We were there the same time as large crowds of cheerleaders were there..but they were not bad.
There was a lady on her phone in her car having a very heated conversation...I addressed it to the front desk and it was resolved.
The rooms aren't awesome, but they were clean, close and pretty quite ;)
Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

I've looked at the summer prices. CCI seems to be uniformly about $150/night. The Hilton Anaheim can be really cheap when there's no big convention. I'd probably rather stay at the latter if I got a good price, even with the longer walking distance. It is the largest hotel in Orange County and can be a bit daunting because of dealing with the sheer size of the place.

We are at CCI now for about the 6th time and love it. You can click on the link in my sig to see my review from several years ago. Still pretty much the same but I'm happy to say they have added hard boiled eggs and cheese to the breakfast. It is clean and a beautiful family owned property. We got $20 off per night thanks to a AAA discount and a return visitor discount. So we are paying $129 a night.

The place is clean and well maintained. The grounds are pretty and the staff is friendly and helpful. The beds are comfy. I have always enjoyed our stays.

My sister and her friends stayed here for a week, last Halloween time, and really enjoyed their stay--NO problems whatsoever:)!

Based on her recommendations and those of everyone else on the boards, we would have no problem staying at the Candy Cane Inn!

We love the CCI! It was super clean when we stayed, and I am really picky about cleanliness having two toddlers that touch EVERYTHING! LOL. I even didn't mind the kids playing on the floor!

I felt really comfortable there and even being in a ground floor room across the pool it was quiet! And the breakfast had lots of options too. The grounds are gorgeous and finding parking wasn't an issue.

Have a great trip!

My family and i have stayed there for years and last year was a bad experience. We had come back to the room in the afternoon to swim/relax and upon getting ready to go back to the park, my fiancee noticed that someone had used her new makeup brush. She hadn't used the brush or the blush she had brought yet. It was very disheartening to experience since we like the hotel. For this years trip (starting tomorrow!) we decided to stay elsewhere.

My family and i have stayed there for years and last year was a bad experience. We had come back to the room in the afternoon to swim/relax and upon getting ready to go back to the park, my fiancee noticed that someone had used her new make brush. She hadn't used the brush or the blush she had brought yet. It was very disheartening to experience since we like the hotel. For this years trip (starting tomorrow!) we decided to stay elsewhere.

Ooooooh yuck!

That is too bad--that would make me so mad!

We just came back from our very first trip to DL and CCI. We loved it and have no complaints about CCI. Staff are friendly and wonderful. They take very great care with their property grounds. The flowers are very colorful along the pathways. The bus drivers are outstanding especially the older gentleman we had in the mornings during most of our stay. Our room was kept clean. We were happy with our stay and if we return to the DL parks we will return to CCI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter