CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

looking for more pics too!! Mine is next weekend and I plan on DH helping me load my first pics so I can post some...I have ton's of candy and bowls, cups and other odd containers but I am freaking out that it isn't gonna be enough!!!!!!!!!

looking for more pics too!! Mine is next weekend and I plan on DH helping me load my first pics so I can post some...I have ton's of candy and bowls, cups and other odd containers but I am freaking out that it isn't gonna be enough!!!!!!!!!

Im sure you will have plenty no worries! :hug:

Come on !!! Someone out there MUST HAVE SOME NEW PICS TO POST!! I had so much fun with this I'm really thinking of having one for DS's 10th B-day in February it is always so hard to come up with something to do for his party since it is usually cold or nasty weather! This was a huge hit with the kids so I think it will definitely be a part of his 10th Bday at least I have 8 months to prepare and I really like all the colorful containers in the POST OF POOH BEARS . I think that would be neat for his bday party! Lots of color!! Not sure on the candy yet though!

I got the inspiration to do this for my godson's graduation party from this thread. Hopefully these pictures work:

The full effect:

CRW_5552_RT16.jpg

And a close up:

CRW_5556_RT16.jpg

It was the hit of the party for sure! Thanks to everyone for the idea!

Tara

I got the inspiration to do this for my godson's graduation party from this thread. Hopefully these pictures work:

The full effect:

CRW_5552_RT16.jpg

And a close up:

CRW_5556_RT16.jpg

It was the hit of the party for sure! Thanks to everyone for the idea!

Tara

GREAT PICS LUV IT~ THANKS FOR SHARING!

I totally am not gonna have enough candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally am not gonna have enough candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what do you have and how many people do you have? In my pics I had 51 ppl and had more than enough candy I even had leftovers and we still have some!

Well what do you have and how many people do you have? In my pics I had 51 ppl and had more than enough candy I even had leftovers and we still have some!

That's part of the problem, I don't have a real good head count. I'm thinking we are gonna wind up with close to 50 people including lots of little hands. Our cookout is all outdoors and we are going to cover the candy buffett with a plastic table cover so the kids eat actual food before filling their plates with candy. I do have sugar free candy too since I found out that one of my guest's is diabetic and I didn't know that until the other weekend. I may pick up another bag or two or three of candy just to be sure, if I don't use it for the buffett it can always go with us to Disney next month! :thumbsup2

We did a small candy buffet for a halloween party, and the biggest hit was the choc. dipped pretzel rods - and they were the cheapest thing! Pretzel rods are .88 a bag, and a bag of choc. chips $2. Jimmies $1.50. Melt the chips in the microwave, dip the top half of the pretzel and roll in jimmies. Chill on wax paper until firm. One bag of chips coated about 5+ bags of pretzel rods. I displayed them in those plastic pumpkin pails that kids collect candy in.

Also got alot of candy from Oriental Trading, BJ's and on clearace at target and such...

Well,

I don't know if you were referring to my pics or not, but I will give the basics:

It was for a graduation party open house that lasted about 5 hours. There were over 100 people easy, and we had about 80 lbs. of candy. Honestly, there wasn't a whole lot left. We used an 8 foot table, and had pint chinese takeout containers for people to fill. We had:

Personalized m&ms
Dubble Bubble
Jelly Bellies
Charleston Chews (the grad's favorite)
Smarties
Dum Dum Suckers
Sour Patch kids
Swedish Fish
Good N Plenty
Skittles
Satellite Wafers
Butter Mints

If you have any questions, let me know.

That's part of the problem, I don't have a real good head count. I'm thinking we are gonna wind up with close to 50 people including lots of little hands. Our cookout is all outdoors and we are going to cover the candy buffett with a plastic table cover so the kids eat actual food before filling their plates with candy. I do have sugar free candy too since I found out that one of my guest's is diabetic and I didn't know that until the other weekend. I may pick up another bag or two or three of candy just to be sure, if I don't use it for the buffett it can always go with us to Disney next month! :thumbsup2

Sounds good but you maybe surprised that you may already have more than enough!

[QUOTE

I love the little scoops! Where did youy get them?[/QUOTE]

The clear scoops were Oxo brand, sold in a two pack - one larger and one tiny. I think we got them at Walmart or Target or someplace like that. We also used the shovels that came with the buckets and a couple of measuring cup scoops we had at the house.

I saw this thread a while ago and since then I have been planning to do one at Christmas. We have Lindt outlet stores near us and they sell their Christmas candy DIRT cheap. It is still in code for next Christmas (until Feb 2009). So I will get some of that. I figure I can stock pile bags from Halloween too provided they do not have Halloween markings on them. I actually am having two partys one for family and one for the people with whom I work so even though I will have leftovers I will be able to make a really fully display and then get rid of most of it with the guests!

I LOVE this idea.

I just did my candy buffet for a baby shower this past weekend. It turned out beyond awesome and I got the idea from this thread. THank you so much! I loved looking at all the pictures everyone posted and coming up with ideas so here is mine.

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

I just did my candy buffet for a baby shower this past weekend. It turned out beyond awesome and I got the idea from this thread. THank you so much! I loved looking at all the pictures everyone posted and coming up with ideas so here is mine.

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

that is spectacular! I am going to use this idea for our Halloween idea (with different colors of course)!! Thanks for posting these pics

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

That is awesome! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing? Where are the rest of you that had 4th off july bbq party's and other graduations after mine havent seen any yet!????

I love your buffet! The color scheme is so pretty. I'm trying to work mine out for DD's 9th birthday. But she wants a pool party, so that will limit any meltable candy. As in "NO CHOCOLATE!" :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter