• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Bar

meganj728

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done a candy bar or dessert bar at the end of your reception? If so what did you include and did you think it was worth it? If any of you could post pictures that would be great!!!

It is often referred to as a candy buffet, and there are lots of brides on here who have done them. You might want to do a search for it or skim through some planning journals/trip reports.

Good luck!

I'm planning on doing a dessert table for my home luau, not the Disney wedding. I guess it is an Italian tradition at weddings so I need to do it. Who am I to pass up a table of desserts :)

I'm planning on cookies, bars (like brownies and such), some candy (mickey shaped chocolates maybe), and of course I need to have cannolis for the fiance.

I'm planning on doing a dessert table for my home luau, not the Disney wedding. I guess it is an Italian tradition at weddings so I need to do it. Who am I to pass up a table of desserts :)

I'm planning on cookies, bars (like brownies and such), some candy (mickey shaped chocolates maybe), and of course I need to have cannolis for the fiance.

It definitely is an Italian thing! Every family wedding that has taken place they had had a HUGE Vienesse hour coomplete with tons of desserts and candy. We aren't going to go over the top, but I would definitely like to have a few treats for my guests at the end of the reception :)

I did a candy buffet at my at home wedding (not at Disney) and it was great. If you're having your wedding at Disney I know they can be strict with the rules for this and what you can bring in yourself. I think I remember people saying they had to go through Disney to do it and it was going to be really expensive.

My parents gave me some grief beforehand because they thought most people wouldn't want candy or would be too full. Well, this turned out to be a huge hit at our wedding! Not only did it look really cool, but people were lined up to get some candy! Everyone enjoyed it - kids, adults, grandparents.

We decided to do candies that matched our colors, so all of our candy was blue and silver. Some things, like Hershey's kisses and York peppermint patties, we were able to get in Target and places like that. Others we ordered from a website - we used http://www.acandystore.com. I think we had 8 different kinds of candy and I got 5 pounds of each. The majority of it was gone by the end of the night, though some candies were more popular than others. We still have blue taffy in our living room candy bowl :rotfl: We also got the jars and stuff from various places for pretty cheap, like Target, Walmart, and TJ Maxx.

It might not work if you are having a small wedding, but anything medium sized to large I think it would be a great idea. We had about 80 people. Here are some pics:

BeckyJason963.jpg

BeckyJason964.jpg

BeckyJason962.jpg

BeckyJason960.jpg

BeckyJason959.jpg

BeckyJason958.jpg

We had one for our at home reception. It was a huge hit! It was supposed to be set up at the end of the reception but they had it set up when everyone arrived. People were up there all night getting stuff and we had boxes for everyone to take some home.

2664895482_603ba460df.jpg

love the candy buffet/bar idea.
i went to this wedding that at the very end, they had sliders and fries and little milkshakes because everyone was a little tipsy and wanted greasy food, it was amazing to walk out of the wedding with a little burger in your hands... yummmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter