• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Bar

tinkerfan1

DIS Veteran
Last November, I could not find a candy bar in Epcot that I absolutely loved. Can you help me remember where/what it may have been? It was a very thin candy bar with caramel. It seems like it was almost a braided, yet flat, shape. It was just chocolate and caramel. I really thought it was in England. However, I could not find it anywhere. Anybody have any idea what it was and if they still have it? Maybe I just missed it?

That sounds like a "Marathon Bar?" You know, I think I did see that somewhere the last time I was at Epcot, but I can't remember where. Sorry. Not much help.

Is it the Wonderbar? It's got peanut butter, caramel,a thin cookie all wrapped up in chocolate. The store in Canada sells them. My family..especially DH...loves them!

I can't remember the name but definitely England. I bought several last October. It's like braided chocolate covered caramel. Yum!

That sounds like a "Marathon Bar?" You know, I think I did see that somewhere the last time I was at Epcot, but I can't remember where. Sorry. Not much help.

Whoah!!! I haven't seen a Marathon bar in 30 years. Man, I used to love them.

I'm going to have to run through the UK store to try this Curly Wurly.

Yep.. its a Curly Wurly.. We have an international grocery near us that sells them so I know them all too well... they are delicious... Darn it.. now I may need to go get some tomorrow....

Yep it is the Curly Wurly, which we used to call the Marathon Bar when it was still sold in the US. I think the the candy bar sold in the UK that is called a Marathon is more like our Snickers. Interesting how the names are different in each country even if it is made by the same company.

I loved the Marathon bar!!! I just did a search on the "Curly Wurly" and it looks just like the Marathon bar did. Boy, I haven't thought of those candy bars in years.
Which shop sells them in the United Kingdom? I want to buy some when we go. Thanks for the memories!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Yes it was the Curly Wurly. I love them because the Marathon bar was my favorite candy bar back in the day.

Thanks, guys! I sure hope they are still there. I sure didn't see them last time we were there but maybe I just overlooked them! They were soooo good. I think they were in the store that sold the Beatles merchandise, if I remember correctly.

There are some really great candy bars in Italy as well. My DH has to go in and get candy every time we're there!

Yup, the Curly Wurly. I used to love the Marathon bar when they were sold here in the US. When I went to London I stocked up on these things.

FYI: Disney really marks these candy bars up. If you have a car go to a Walmart near Disney and go down their international isle. They have lots of Cadbury from England there and you can get the same stuff much, much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter