• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy around the world(Epcot WS)

It's not candy per se, but last night I remembered the slushie/ice cream treat found in America's FIfe & Drum Tavern is AMAZING on a hot day! DD & split one last time we wanted something sweet but cool & hesitated since it's a mix of ice cream & non-cream flavors but were fighting over the last 3 drops left in the empty cup by the end of it. ;)

I think it's called the American Dream & it's now on our "Always To Do" List. :thumbsup2

So, I've done candy around the world 2 years in a row now, I love it! I tried to get new things this year, but couldn't help but stick with some of my old favorites. I also skipped some countries this year that I knew I would not like anything from.

Mexico - last year I got a red bag with some goats milk candy. Gross. I didn't get it again. What they do have is candy with alcohol in it, think kahlua, tequila . . etc. I didn't get it, but it does look pretty good. Its just a really big bag and about 10 bucks, so i passed.

Norway - Last year I got a chocolate/wafer bar called Kex - I liked it but went a new route this year. I got a Chocolate Raspberry bar called Troika. Big mistake. The raspberry part is like cranberry sauce texture and totally freaks me out, sliding around. No good.

China - Last year I don't remember what I got - it was a bag of candy, all stale. I skipped it this year.

Germany - Last year I went with Kinder Chocolate, yum! Loved this. This year a got a Toblerone, double love! Plus the bakery - I've had the popcorn, the caramels, my oh my you can't go wrong in Germany.

Italy - Last year I went with the tiny square chocolates that are about 60 cents or so - and they were good. Lots of different flavors. This year I got the Baci hazelnut candy - delicious. I also got a Pernigotti candy bar, and it was also really good.

America - I just get sweetarts, because I like them

Japan - I love Hi Chews. So much. Green apple I got last year, and Mango this year. Both are divine. I also got Pocky this year, which i guess is more of a cookie/biscuit than candy. But it was still really good.

France - I got a bag of chocolate marshmallow bears this year, called So Pretty Petit Ourson, and it was my favorite of all the countries. Perfect and light.

Morrocco - I've never gotten anything, because after scouring the country, I could NEVER find anything! Please, someone let me know if i'm missing something!

UK - I got Flake last year, and I have to say, disappointed. It was really dry and almost chalky to me. This year I got the Cadbury Buttons, and I loved them. Cute little bags too.

Canada - I've always gotten maple sugar candy, because how can you not! I like the one in the small red and white rectangular box. And I love it, so so much.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Slight highjack of this thread - does Japan have any of the flavored KitKats? I never remember to check when we go.

This is my question as well. Somehow we missed them while on vacation to Japan but when flying through there later I bought a value pack with all kinds of flavors at the airport. SO good. :love:

What a great idea! We will be there during F&W and my kids will have a blast doing this while DH and I enjoy the more grown up treats offered!:cool1:

Forgot to add this.

Canada - Don't remember the name but it's a chocolate bar that has a coffee flavor to it.

Japan - Pocky! Can't believe I didn't write this one before.

Canada - Don't remember the name but it's a chocolate bar that has a coffee flavor to it.

Coffee Crisp! I got addicted to these several years ago when we went to Toronto. They are wafers that sort of taste like coffee and covered in chocolate. My sister brought me one from World Market the other day but I will probably buy some at Epcot, too.

Last time I bought candy in the UK pavilion, I bought a Bounty bar. The dark chocolate one is similar to Mounds but a little less sweet. I can only find the milk chocolate one locally.

I'm trying to think of or find a fun way for my DS7 to collect the candy. Almost like a candy passport. We are going to Epcot during the F&W event do we want our son to have something fun and different to do while we eat and eat and drink a little

Any ideas

Just a note, we did this last year and Morocco does not carry any candy. The closest you can get is Baklava at the TS.

We loved the pure maple lollypop in Canada and the pop rocks type candy in China. Most of what you can get in Germany you can also buy at Aldi's at home.

We loved doing this, have fun!

I'm trying to think of or find a fun way for my DS7 to collect the candy. Almost like a candy passport. We are going to Epcot during the F&W event do we want our son to have something fun and different to do while we eat and eat and drink a little

Any ideas

If you want, you can buy him the WS passport and then when you go to the different pavilions, he can buy the candy from that country and then also get his passport stamped while he is there (take it to the KidCot stations in each of the pavilion). The CMs will also write something in their native language in the passport too. This way he will have a momento too.

In England I like to get a Curly Wurly, it's like the old Marathon bars from the 70's. I also like a Flake. It's just a chocoalte bar but the chocolate is flaky, it's an odd texture but good.

Second vote for Curly Wurly....t-minus 19 days....until I get one. And I don't have to worry about it melting it will be gone before I leave the store! :rotfl:

So, I've done candy around the world 2 years in a row now, I love it! I tried to get new things this year, but couldn't help but stick with some of my old favorites. I also skipped some countries this year that I knew I would not like anything from.

Mexico - last year I got a red bag with some goats milk candy. Gross. I didn't get it again. What they do have is candy with alcohol in it, think kahlua, tequila . . etc. I didn't get it, but it does look pretty good. Its just a really big bag and about 10 bucks, so i passed.

Norway - Last year I got a chocolate/wafer bar called Kex - I liked it but went a new route this year. I got a Chocolate Raspberry bar called Troika. Big mistake. The raspberry part is like cranberry sauce texture and totally freaks me out, sliding around. No good.

China - Last year I don't remember what I got - it was a bag of candy, all stale. I skipped it this year.

Germany - Last year I went with Kinder Chocolate, yum! Loved this. This year a got a Toblerone, double love! Plus the bakery - I've had the popcorn, the caramels, my oh my you can't go wrong in Germany.

Italy - Last year I went with the tiny square chocolates that are about 60 cents or so - and they were good. Lots of different flavors. This year I got the Baci hazelnut candy - delicious. I also got a Pernigotti candy bar, and it was also really good.

America - I just get sweetarts, because I like them

Japan - I love Hi Chews. So much. Green apple I got last year, and Mango this year. Both are divine. I also got Pocky this year, which i guess is more of a cookie/biscuit than candy. But it was still really good.

France - I got a bag of chocolate marshmallow bears this year, called So Pretty Petit Ourson, and it was my favorite of all the countries. Perfect and light.

Morrocco - I've never gotten anything, because after scouring the country, I could NEVER find anything! Please, someone let me know if i'm missing something!

UK - I got Flake last year, and I have to say, disappointed. It was really dry and almost chalky to me. This year I got the Cadbury Buttons, and I loved them. Cute little bags too.

Canada - I've always gotten maple sugar candy, because how can you not! I like the one in the small red and white rectangular box. And I love it, so so much.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

My kids tried doing this a few years ago and were determined to find something in Morrocco...but couldn't.:( They asked some of the CMs there and there seemed to be a bit of a language barrier because they kept trying to direct the kids to the belly dancer?:blush:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Carmel Corn in Germany???

The best ever. regular popcorn covered wtih melted Werther's carmels.

Oh I am so hungry now.

10 weeks and counting

Some Around the world candy from my May trip:

German Werthers caramel popcorn: OK, this has already been mentioned, but it is always delicious!

IMG_4327.jpg

Canadian maple lollypops: I love them!

IMG_4519.jpg

English toffee: I have had lots of toffee in my life, but these were fantastic and my whole family enjoyed them.

IMG_4518.jpg

I have bought only savory snacks in Japan, but I think they deserve a mention!
The snow pea crisps (on the left) were tasteless, but the potato puffs (right) were very good, while a bit different, and the Sriracha Peas were very spicy and different and I am happy I have tried them.

IMG_4517.jpg

There is an impressive array of snacks in Mitsukoshi, and they are a good chance to try something really new (at least to me).
It may be slightly risky, as it is difficult to guess what you find inside the package, but it’s fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter