candlelight processional?

kelticknott

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to understand the candlelight processional dinner event. I understand you choose a restaurant and watch Illuminations but where
is the processional? My crazy mind is not comprehending it. Thanks for any enlightenment. (haha):confused3

The Candlelight Processional is not for watching illuminations but rather watching "the stirring story of Christmas as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir." It is only held during the holiday season -- from November 29 - December 30, 2013, and is in the America Gardens Theatre in Epcot. The Candlelight Dinner Package allows you to enter the theatre first.

It does also allow you into an area right at the entrance to WS between those 2 stores that they rope off for package people. We ran from the 8:15 show and got a great spot to watch Illuminations. But the true point of the CP is the reader, amazing choirs and orchestra all held in the American pavilion.

The show itself is in the America Garden Theater, as stated. The package also includes preferred viewing for Illuminations. The show is incredible, we saw it for the first time last year and it was amazing, we will definitely do it again.

The America Gardens Theater is the outdoor amphitheater in the American Adventure pavilion.

You would have your meal before the show, so you need to get from your restaurant to the pavilion in order to wait in line for the dining package guests to be admitted.

There are no "reserved seats" for the package. Package guests are admitted BEFORE the general public. You want to be there before the public gets let in. If you're there later, you lose any seating advantage you might have gotten from purchasing the package.

Also included is admission to an exclusive area to watch Illuminations (not in the theater - in fact, it is probably directly across the lagoon from the theater so you will have to walk there too.)

Thanks for all the info. It does sound like a wonderful evening and I'm seriously considering it. I wish the Disney Website was more informative about the event. I'm having trouble navigating the "new" site or maybe it's I'm so use to the old one.

Loved when they used to give the merchandise discount with the pkg, but I dont believe they do that anymore

Loved when they used to give the merchandise discount with the pkg, but I dont believe they do that anymore

Oh no, they haven't done that in years. It was a 20 or 25% discount way back when. I remember what I bought with it.

Oh no, they haven't done that in years. It was a 20 or 25% discount way back when. I remember what I bought with it.

Yea, I believe it was 20%, which was great back then !! We used to rack upo that day !!!

Thanks for all the info. It does sound like a wonderful evening and I'm seriously considering it. I wish the Disney Website was more informative about the event. I'm having trouble navigating the "new" site or maybe it's I'm so use to the old one.
It's basically the telling of the story of Christ, with a bunch of kids from school choirs, walking in, and out, with candles. They are joined by a select choir made up of WDW CMs, and the Voices of Liberty, or whatever the heck they are now!! There are beautiful horns, as well as a full orchestra. There are varied guest narrators, who tell the story, from a script, with the choirs singing various pieces of music in between the readings.
It lasts about 45 mins. It is held in the theater right across from the American pavilion. There is some covered seating down in the front third of the theater.

If you decide you want to do the pkg, you choose the restaurant you want to eat at. Each restaurant has a fixed price which gets you an appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage (non-alcoholic). You eat prior to the show..if you go to the first show, you will be booking a lunch.
At dinner, you are given your 'pass' for the show. When it's time to head over to the theater (usually about 45 mins prior to the start), you will go to the pkg line...to the left of the theater (if you are standing in front of it). Those without the pkg go to the standby line, to the right of the theater.
Those with the pkg are allowed in first.....about 15 mins prior to the start. Then, at about 8 mins before, the standby line can get in...if there are seats to be had.
You will also be able to get 'premium' viewing of IllumiNations when booking the pkg. The area held for those with the pkg is the area in between the two shops at the entrance to WS, just behind (or in front of, depending on your viewpoint!) the Epcot Christmas tree.

Some narrators are more popular than others. Which means that some shows are going to be harder to get than others. If you decide that you really don't care about the pkg, and don't want to stand in the standby line, you can always just watch from the sidewalk that runs behind the theater. Many do this, but it can be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter