Candlelight Processional timing question

disney k family

Mouseketeer
On the 26th of November we would like to attend the Candlelight Processional. This is our arrival day and we will probably arrive at CSR around lunch time. What would be the best time for us to line up for the 5:00 show or will one of the later shows be less busy? Also any recommendations for a quick serve early dinner that day in Epcot. We always go to Disney Springs for dinner our first day and eat at Wolfgang Puck express but I don't think we will be able to squeeze that in on our arrival day this year.

Narrator is Steven Curtis Chapman. He likely won't have huge lines forming early waiting to see him. 2 days later and you would have had Neil Patrick Harris, good luck seeing him from standby. I would line up about an hour before the show starts.

Thanks. It sounds like we will not have to line up too early. We have never been at Disney this close to Christmas so a lot of these things are new to us. :)

I was thinking he might be a draw as the narrator. I guess we will just play it by ear and line up accordingly. Thanks for the replies!!

You may have underestimated the popularity of Steven Curtis Chapman. I would expect him to attract a fairly large crowd--Maybe not NPH size, but certainly large enough.

I agree. SCC was the narrator when we went many years ago and sat at an outside table at The Liberty Inn. The stadium was full. The lines for him were long.
Thanks. It sounds like we will not have to line up too early. We have never been at Disney this close to Christmas so a lot of these things are new to us. :)

You probably won't need to line up at 3:00, but I'd be over in WS looking at the line no later than 4:00, and maybe a little earlier.

Chapman will have a long line he is a Christian artist, doing a narration of the Christmas story. People actually know who is he unlike some of the other narrators in my experience...

Whoopi, Chapman, NPH etc always have lines.

I did the candlight processional for years now....most times we go twice, once with the dinner package and once we just jump in line about half an hour before the show....only one time out of about 4 did we not get a seat during the "jump in" time, and we just watched it from the back and had a great time...so i would advise about 45 minutes ahead if doing standby....and i would advise the late show, as it is much better completely dark, and then you can walk out and see illuminations special holiday edition 15 minutes after its over!!....this past year was Chapman and we had no problem

That weekend is gong to be exceedingly busy!! SCC is a very popular narrator! You may find the lines to be very long. I've seen people in line at 3:00! When you combine the holiday crowds with the narrator, you may be very surprised.
But, if you can get away without seeing every little thing, you can sit across the way, at Liberty Inn. Grab a bite to eat, and just enjoy the music and narration. I've done that before and it's actually kind of nice.

You may have underestimated the popularity of Steven Curtis Chapman. I would expect him to attract a fairly large crowd--Maybe not NPH size, but certainly large enough.

We have seen NPH every year since he's done CP --- no joke --- the line starts forming at around noon for the 5pm show !! I am one of the lunatics waiting !! ( wearing "Hedwig" t-shirt) :))

Reactions: TAK
I agree that SCC will get a good size crowd, I would either do the meal package or line up at least 2 hours early. those with dining packages get seated first so if they don't have muchu room left for stand bye will want to be in front of line. We had NPH last year with a package and standbye didn't get in at all. Don't think i'd take the chance.

I have a question - we have the dinner package and our reservation is at 5:00. We have the 8:00 performance of the Candlelight processional. If we are guaranteed a seat, how early do we need to be lining up? We're not worried about seats in the front row or anything like that. Just want to have a seat to enjoy the performance.

Thanks!!

I have a question - we have the dinner package and our reservation is at 5:00. We have the 8:00 performance of the Candlelight processional. If we are guaranteed a seat, how early do we need to be lining up? We're not worried about seats in the front row or anything like that. Just want to have a seat to enjoy the performance.

Thanks!!

I would say no later than 7:30, but personally, I would be in line by 7:15.

I would say no later than 7:30, but personally, I would be in line by 7:15.
Would the 45 minutes early apply to a NPH day? We have dining package for a 5 PM show, and I was planning on being nearby around 4:00.

Also, if I got in line early, and DH and DD were wandering around longer, would it be possible for me to go in and grab seats, then have them get in line later but join me in seating? There are only three of us so it seems doable, but I don't know if this is frowned upon.

Would the 45 minutes early apply to a NPH day? We have dining package for a 5 PM show, and I was planning on being nearby around 4:00.

Also, if I got in line early, and DH and DD were wandering around longer, would it be possible for me to go in and grab seats, then have them get in line later but join me in seating? There are only three of us so it seems doable, but I don't know if this is frowned upon.

For NPH, I'd push it back to at least that hour mark. The line will already be long, but you are guaranteed a seat as long as you're in that line before they open up the standby line. No guarantees as to what kind of seat, but a seat.

As to saving seats, I doubt you'll be able to do that. There's a very good chance there won't be any room for standby at all, and everyone with dinner package "tickets" will be vying for the best seats.

We have seen NPH every year since he's done CP --- no joke --- the line starts forming at around noon for the 5pm show !! I am one of the lunatics waiting !! ( wearing "Hedwig" t-shirt) :))
why wouldn't you just do the package? 4 hours of park time is way more valuable than the cost of a package !

why wouldn't you just do the package? 4 hours of park time is way more valuable than the cost of a package !

We used to, but once they stopped the merch discount, we stopped --- and we don't always eat dinner at Epcot -- to tell you the truth, I actually like waiting on line --- met some of the nicest people in the world on those lines, and it gives me a break from the kiddies !! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter