Candlelight Processional questions.

Gamblers

Mouseketeer
We are going from December 10-17. We are planning on going to the 5:00 show as soon as they announce the schedule. We have a few questions about the CP.
1. Is a dinner package really necessary to get good seats?
2. If yes to question 1, what is a good place to eat at?
3. We have a grand gathering number for our group, I have been told that if we present this number when we arrive at the CP that we have a section reserved for grand gathering groups......is this true?
Thanks in advance,
Gamblers :yay:

We are going from December 10-17. We are planning on going to the 5:00 show as soon as they announce the schedule. We have a few questions about the CP.
1. Is a dinner package really necessary to get good seats?
2. If yes to question 1, what is a good place to eat at?
3. We have a grand gathering number for our group, I have been told that if we present this number when we arrive at the CP that we have a section reserved for grand gathering groups......is this true?
Thanks in advance,
Gamblers :yay:

1. Depends on the time you go... but generally, yes.
(Oh, you said GOOD seats... make that a YES, for sure.)

2. We like The Garden Grill in The Land, and Le Cellier in Canada, but your mileagle may vary.

3. Not a clue.

4. (I added 4.) Even WITH the Dinner Package you need to line up at least 45 minutes before show-time to get a better seat.

YES YES a Dinner package is the way to go. As far as a good place to eat that depends on what kind of food you like. I ate at Germany last year and it was wonderful. The year before I ate at LeCellar's this to me was not worth the terrible service I got. Food was OK but not as good as Concourse Steakhouse. As far as Grand Gathering I don't know but I suspect that yes they may have a section set aside since dinner pacakge tickets are pre-ordered but if no dinner package I would guess not.

Okay, I'll be the voice of dissent.

She said she plans on the 5:00 show. That one isn't normally as crowded as the later ones. They are going the 10th-17th. Again, not a really crowded time (most people don't take kids out of school the week before a vacation, and at a typical finals time).

If the person you want to see if early in your trip, I think you'll be okay going with standby. Just get in line at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before the show. We were there for the show on the 18th last year for the 5:00 show, and were in the standby line 30 minutes before the show. Our seats were over in the side section (where the interpreter works), but only 1/2 way back.

If she had said the later shows, yes she would need the package. But I think the 5:00 show that early in the season shouldn't be a problem.

Alot of it also depends on who the speakers are for the day. A really popular speaker will have a large crowd even on a slow day. The package is the easiest way to ensure you get a seat but you will still have to wait in line to get a seat.

If you are planning on eating dinner anyway, then why not book the CP dining package? It makes sense if you're planning on eating anyway. The only issue is that last year, if I am remembering correctly, they had all the ADR's for the 5:00 show booked as late lunches, rather than at dinnertime. A lot of people didn't like that approach. They wanted to eat after the show but weren't allowed to do that if they wanted the 5:00 show.

As far as lines go...I have seen the standby line, for all shows, wind throughout WS....sometimes I have seen people in that line over an hour before the show. Funny thing is that they have now seen/heard the previous show almost in it's entirety!!!!

I have seen people in that line over an hour before the show. Funny thing is that they have now seen/heard the previous show almost in it's entirety!!!!

We went to Disney onced and even rode the same ride TWICE.

;)

My sister's best friend's daughter was in CP last year and my sister's friend bought the dinner package and my sister didn't. My sister ended up having "better" seats than her friend (I say better, but I think my sister just was closer to the daughter, who was on the left side, than her friend was).

Anyway, we are going to try and book Le Cellier and be happy with whatever seat we are given. I'm also hoping for Kirk Cameron, as I have been in love with him since I can remember. Either way, we've never seen it, so it will be truly magical for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter