• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight processional package w/ preferred illuminations viewing aera

I am going to the 8:15 show and wanted to know if you think we would have enough time to reach the illuminations preferred viewing area in time?

Also with 3 shows daily and so many people doing the dinner package will their be enough room in the viewing area?

I have found it better to avoid the "preferred viewing area"! It is too crowded and there are just so many other excellent spots around the lagoon. I don't feel the need to be in that area all squished together.

IMHO :)

Illuminations is at 9:30 during the holiday season, so you will have time to get to the special viewing area. Whether it's a good viewing area depends somewhat on the wind. You'll get a lot of smoke if the wind is blowing your way, and you'd be better off viewing Illuminations from another location.

Oh ok now i'm undecided if i show go to the viewing area or not since most people are staying it's not worth it.

When we went last year there was plenty of room in the preferred area. In fact the kids were able to run around without any danger of bumping into anyone.

Let's move this over to the Restaurants forum. There are many people there discussing the processional. :)

I was curious how the preferred viewing compares to the rose and crown. I have a 8:25 ressie for the rose and crown on xmas day, and also have a late lunch at garden grill for candle light. Was wondering if I should stick it out at the rose and crown, or rush out for the preferred seating?

Chase'n'Ciera said:
When we went last year there was plenty of room in the preferred area. In fact the kids were able to run around without any danger of bumping into anyone.

Thanks for the reply

I was curious how the preferred viewing compares to the rose and crown. I have a 8:25 ressie for the rose and crown on xmas day, and also have a late lunch at garden grill for candle light. Was wondering if I should stick it out at the rose and crown, or rush out for the preferred seating?

The view from the Rose and Crown is great - unless the smoke is blowing that direction.

We watched from the preferred area last year and had plenty of room. We are planning on using it again this year with our CPP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter