Candlelight Processional Information - Narrators and AP Sweepstakes Link

We were there last night. Waited for about an hour to save a place for the first show, which was "delayed" and then cancelled about five minutes later--never started other than the orchestra coming out and sitting down. It was weird because when they delayed it, it wasn't raining where we were standing (sort of near Abraham Lincoln) but evidently WAS at the train station.

We decided to try for the second one, got there 15 minutes early, found even BETTER spots than before, and it started right on schedule. :goodvibes Dick Van Dyke held out his hand like he was testing for rain before he started, which got a good laugh. They did the whole show right up until the Hallelujah Chorus was about to start and then they said they'd have a slight delay for the "inclement weather." During the short break a bunch of people in the crowd yelled happy birthday to Dick. It was a nice little moment which he seemed to appreciate. Again, NO RAIN at all where we were standing, but when the lights came on on the singers, we could see rain up there. The conductor waited a couple minutes and started the Hallelujah Chorus anyway. WOW--what a show! I was blown away. So glad we saw it!

I thought Dick Van Dyke was excellent. Can't believe he's 86! He's supposed to be the narrator for tonight's shows also, but today it's supposed to be even MORE rainy, so who knows what'll happen.

Love, love, loved this production!! And I'm so glad we got to see it on Main St. It won't have quite the same vibe when it's moved over to the Hyperion Theater next year.

Saw it on Tuesday and was one of the highlights of all my trips to Disney. What an amazing show. Tried to catch the first show yesterday before flying home but sadly in was canceled. Did not seem like bad rain but then again I am from Seattle....Hope you all get a chance to see it.

Received a survey email today for candlelight with a reasonable amount of questions. Re enjoyment, AP benefit, etc.
It was the first candlelight we had seen and loved it

One of the members of my party for tomorrow's show has a blockout day that day. The email states that if a pass is blocked out, they will get a 1-day 1-park ticket. Is this the standard 1/1 ticket or is it marked "Disneyland only" (or something to that effect) on it? I am asking because, if it looks like rain, we may head over to DCA instead.

Does anyone have an update as to whether either or both performance(s) of CP tonight, Friday, 12/14 were canceled due to rain?

Just trying to quench my curiosity, due to much previous speculation on the weather for these performances!

Thanks! :)

Got in line for the 5:30 show at about 4:20, had great seats in the third row, then, right on schedule at 5:30, the announcement came that it was cancelled due to rain (very light sprinkles at that point). Immediately, a man came to the speaker to explain the cancellation and I said to my friend that it sounded like Dennis Haysbert. Stayed for the 7:30 show, which was delayed because of the weather, and the host WAS Mr. Haysbert instead of Marcia Gay Harden. Beautiful show, and he added a touching sentiment regarding the day's tragedy.

I was also at the CP tonight, and it was amazingly awesome to see Dennis Haysbert. I had tickets for the 7:30 show, and when I arrived around 6pm, I heard the early show was cancelled. I got in line, not expecting to get a show, but was seated in the front row(!), and it rained after I was seated. Then, right around show time, the rain stopped, and the orchestra peeps started to take their seats. When Mr. Haysbert walked onstage, I knew we had definitely been pixie dusted!

I sure hope the rain stays away tomorrow. We won tickets to the 5:30 show and are really excited about seeing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter