Candlelight processional first night question

570traveler

DIS Veteran
i have a reservation at akershus for the first night (8pm) show. I am wondering if it is worth the 2 credits on the dining plan. Anyone been there on the first night? Would we be able to wait and get a regular seat? Another possibility is to just sit near it and listen. Not sure if I want to give up another table service credit to do this. Thanks!

Are you referring to November 25? Epcot is projected to have a crowd level of 9 that day. You probably have very little chance of getting into the theater without the dining plan...unless you plan to line up 3-4 hours early. You can hear it outside the theater, but it's nowhere close to the full experience. We have the dining plan too, but I've decided to pay out of pocket for a Biergarten lunch CP package since it's inexpensive compared to paying for the others out of pocket.

Thanks for the info! Yes, it's Nov. 25. I actually had a Biergarten lunch package booked with that thought in mind. For 4 of us it would be around $160. Then I managed to get an 'Ohana dinner Saturday night and I'd much rather eat there! I don't want two TS meals on the same day either.
So my other plan is to keep the Akershus CP package and use DDP credits for just 2 of us. Then pay OOP for the other 2 ($140 total & a savings of $20 over Biergarten lunch). My DD15 only request was to eat at Akershus! It's been her favorite since she's been little. There's also the rumor floating around that it may go to 2 credits over the holiday anyway. If I may have to use 2 credits anyway, I may as well get something out of it!

Another option might be to do a Garden Grill CP package and pay OOP. The breakfast option is roughly the same price as you'd pay OOP for Biergarten. I would still be 2 TS meals on the same day, but at least it would be spread out.

i have a reservation at akershus for the first night (8pm) show. I am wondering if it is worth the 2 credits on the dining plan. Anyone been there on the first night? Would we be able to wait and get a regular seat?

1) The package gets you a seat, but not any specific/particular seat.
2) Plus, you need to enter the theater early, so others have a chance to enter after you.
3) On the First Night, it is frequently sold out.
. . . the stand-by line starts forming about 1½-hours ahead of show time.
. . . and, yes, they do cut off the lone if it looks like it will sell out

The CP is a commitment. You commit to a meal and the upcharges associated witht the meal, and then you commit to getting yourself to the line to wait to enter. In my opinion, it is worth it. But be aware that that line forms early for many narrators, so if you ae not there your chances of securing the seat you thought you had puchased are greatly diminished. These seats are not gauranteed, and once the SB line is allowed access all bets are off.

I would like to take my family of six to the CP, and think a dining package is the best way for us to get seats. We have the DDP, but I am considering paying OOP for one of the less expensive CP pkg meals. Right now, I have a 3:50pm dinner pkg at Coral Reef ($265+tax&tip) for a 6:45pm show in December. I don't see a children's menu, and am concerned that my younger kids won't like the food much. (My eldest, a Disney "adult," is a foodie and will love it.) Is the aquarium ambiance and good food for the people who appreciate it PLUS the CP seats worth the two TS credits it will cost us?
There are less expensive breakfast and lunch options that we could do OOP, but we'll still need to eat dinner *somewhere* before we head to the show. Would you eat a pkg meal earlier in the day and do QS for dinner? Or should we make it a Big Night of fine dining followed by the show? Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is the least expensive option ($109+tax&tip)--but it's at BWI! i guess we'd head there first and then into the park? Other breakfast options: Garden Grill ($163+tax&tip), Captain's Grille ($127+tax&tip, but also not in the park), Akershus ($226+tax&tip vs. $179 for a regular breakfast there). Cheaper lunch options suitable for us are Nine Dragons ($151+tax&tip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter