Candlelight Processional, dining package?

kanon

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide if this is a good deal or not.

We will be there December 8-14, and plan on going to the CP mid week, so I am wondering if the lines will be crazy this time already or not really.

Also will the restaurants be booked up with people with packages? We have never been to the World Showcase and kind of wanted to pick a restaurant once we were there and not before hand.

Any advice? THANKS!!

I definetley think that you should do the package if you want to see the CP. It's very very popular and the lines are very long. Many people without the package say they waited forever and none of the CM's told them they were never going to get in (therefore, loosing time in the park and also getting dissapointed that they won't get a seat for the show). Many many of the restaurants offering the package are already sold out so if you want to do this, get on the phone asap! When I called for my CP package, the CM told me that the tables for the CP package people are different than those who just want a regular reservation, so even if they are out of tables for the CP package at that restaurant, you may still be able to get a table there w/o the package. Hope this helps.

There is very limited seating at the CP, so the best way to see it is to by the package. We bought the package for the 6:45 show last year and the line was past Japan at 5:15 for package holders! They don't let the general public in until after the package holders are seated so there are very few seats left available to non package holders. I think its a good deal, you get appitizer, entree and desert. :thumbsup2

You pick your restuarant and order off the menu.

We did it last year during the second week of December and the stand by line was huge, plus they started lining up before we went into dinner. After we finished dinner the reserved seating line was almost long as the standby line so only about half the folks in the standby line got in. This was on a slow day at Epcot in the middle of the week so I think many of the standby folks were local who were only there for the CP. Get the package, you have to eat anyway.

mrzrich said:
There is very limited seating at the CP, so the best way to see it is to by the package. We bought the package for the 6:45 show last year and the line was past Japan at 5:15 for package holders! They don't let the general public in until after the package holders are seated so there are very few seats left available to non package holders. I think its a good deal, you get appitizer, entree and desert. :thumbsup2

We were there at the same time and yes the package holders line was longer than I have ever seen it. I don't think I would ever try to chance getting into the show without the package if I really wanted to see it. You have to eat anyway.

We are going with the package, we waited in line through two shows last year and would rather have the package then do that again. Well worth it.

We booked a package as this is our first holiday trip. I wanted to ensure we would get a seat without wasting hours of time in line.

We will be attending Dec 15th 5:00 pm show and will be eating at Le Cellier at 2:30 pm. DH insisted on the early show for some reason so we will do the lunch seating. He's afraid that it will get too cold to watch a concert after the sun sets!

I am so excited! :Pinkbounc

Pig Pen said:
DH insisted on the early show for some reason so we will do the lunch seating. He's afraid that it will get too cold to watch a concert after the sun sets!

I am so excited! :Pinkbounc

Very wise, one year, '04 we were freezing, during the last show. It still pays to bring something padded to sit on at least, the benches are metal, and cold.

Bobbi

I really want to see this when we are at WDW in Dec. I decided to get the package based on many of the threads on the boards. We are doing the GG lunch pkg(which also happens to be the character luncheon) for the 5pm show on Dec 6th.

I can't wait and appreciate all the tips I've seen on these boards.

I would go ahead and make a reservation (you can always cancel, but it must be within 48 hours for the CP package). My DH and I are going the same week and we had difficulty getting a good time for Le Cellier. The lady doing reservations said everything was quickly filling up.

AKLRULZ said:
It's the only way to do CP in my opinion - who wants to wait in that standby line?!

It's bad enough waiting in the package line!!! I've done the CP package three years now...have yet to wait less than 35 minutes in the line. The first year I didn't know any better and waited until 7:50 to look for the line for the 8:15 show. It was huge. Now, I get there early. I can't imagine how many people in that stand-by line don't get in.

I tried changing my reservation for December 14th, and was told everything else was booked. Just a heads up

If you have a CP dinner package how early do you need to get in the reservation line for a good seat? We have dinner reservations at 5:30 for 8:15 show.

If you want a good seat in the package seating area,get in line as soon as you can for your show. My mother and I had package seats for the 6:45 performance by Jim Caviezel on the 5th in 2004,the night of the community relations 5pm performance,and we got in line at 4:15 because I wanted a specific seat in order to videotape the performance. I don't know if you would want to wait in line that long,but it worked for us.

We booked the package this year. The only night we can see the CP is the FIRST night it comes out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter