• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional and rain?

Wendaeh

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I've never been to the CP -- we have the dinner package for Dec. 7th, and the 15 day outlook is calling for rain. I thought I read it was an open air theater (like Fantasmic???) -- can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks,
Wendy

I THINK the theater is covered. It is open on the sides but the top is covered, I guess because of instruments in case a storm kicks up. I have never been under it but I think that is the case.

Most of the seating area is not covered, only the first 4 or 5 rows have cover. The stage area is fully covered.

The only part that is covered is the stage area where the preformers are. If it is raining go prepared because you will be sitting outside.

We went last year on Christmas Eve and it poured! But the theater does have a huge cover over the stage so we didn't get wet. We were in the first row. The CP is wonderful and our narrator was Gary Sinise. Disneys musicians are excellent.

Rain? It doesn't rain at WDW. :)
Now snow, that's another story. It snows on occasion at the MK. Don't worry about something you can't control, go and have a great time. :)

Dana49 said:
Rain? It doesn't rain at WDW. :)
Now snow, that's another story. It snows on occasion at the MK. Don't worry about something you can't control, go and have a great time. :)

I'm not worried, exactly. I'm just picturing us in ponchos all day that we will take off at Le Cellier -- do we need to wear them for the CP is what I was wondering. It seems like there are different opinions on whether we will be dry in the theater??? :confused3 -- heck, snow would be fine -- we live in the NE -- and it would lend ambience. :goodvibes

Wendy

OP, thanks for posting this ?, was wondering the same! I also am wondering if the bleacher seats are metal and should I plan on bringing a blanket or something to sit on? Anyone have an idea!

Kelly

kellyg403 said:
OP, thanks for posting this ?, was wondering the same! I also am wondering if the bleacher seats are metal and should I plan on bringing a blanket or something to sit on? Anyone have an idea!

Kelly

When we went last December it was 47 degrees the day we arrived. By Christmas Eve it was in the 50s and pouring. We had our ponchos on (just like everyone else in the park) We didnt bring a blanket to sit on for the CP. We got there early enough to be seated in the front. If you do bring a blanket make sure its in a plastic bag, our sneakers were soaking wet by the time we got back to the VWL.

Wear ponchos and carry umbrellas and go very early. Only a few rows are dry. It is terrific regardless!

kellyg403 said:

Kelly

They are metal and they do get cold.

In case of lightning, they may cancel the show. I'm not sure what happens to your show tickets then. I remember it happened to someone a couple of years ago, I think they went to a later show, only 1 was cancelled.

Is the reserved seating for those on CP packages in the covered area? How much space do they reserve for package people?

thanks.

The CP dinner folks are normally seated under cover first, along with "special guests" of Disney. There is not enough seating under cover for everyone on the package, it is first come first seated. We usually begin lining up as soon as the previous show loads. On the evenings that there is a signing interpreter, they also try to seat those folks under cover so they have a good view of the person signing. The interpreter is usually on the far right side of the stage .

All performances are interpreted. And yes the interpreter is on the right side. Actually that is pretty standard if you only have interpreters in one place not just at Disney. Only time that doesn't apply is when you have an interpreter voicing for a deaf person. Then they are usually in the first row with a mike.

Talking Hands said:
All performances are interpreted. And yes the interpreter is on the right side. Actually that is pretty standard if you only have interpreters in one place not just at Disney. Only time that doesn't apply is when you have an interpreter voicing for a deaf person. Then they are usually in the first row with a mike.

Thanks, Lisa, I didn't know if all performances were interpreted, or only the 8:15 shows.

boswellnakia said:
Is the reserved seating for those on CP packages in the covered area? How much space do they reserve for package people?

thanks.

The reserved seating is in the first two sections. Only the first section is under cover and they reserve many of those seats for "special guests". I've done the package 3 or 4 times and only once got under cover. Luckily it never rained. I actually like the beginning of the second section better if you can get in the middle. The one time we got in the front section, it was off to the side and too close to really see everything. Plus the trumpet players almost blasted our ears off.

We were there two years ago on Christmas Eve and it rained so hard that they cancelled the later show. It started pouring during the show we were at, but we were under the awning area. The singers are all under the awning and they give them umbrellas as they leave the area if it is raining. It was thundering and lightning very hard that night that they cancelled the last show of the evening.

we had the dinner pkcg in 2002 -it was a very rainy day on & off. we were not seated under any covering and it began to pour(buckets) as soon as it started-thankfully it was warm out and the show was great-bring your ponchos :sunny: :sunny:

We were there on Christmas Eve last year. We had the CP package and were amongst the first ones in. We ended up sitting in the first row on the right. Not a wise decision on our part. The only time I got to see Gary Sinese was when he walked on to the stage and off the stage. There was a large thing blocking our view. I did have a very nice view of the backside of one of the people in the orchestra. This year, I'm sitting back a few rows no matter what the weather. I'd rather see the narrator than stay dry.

Feralpeg - We are going for Christmas Eve this year. My husband is really excited to see Jim Caviezel. What time did you get in line?

We are also going to see the December 15 show as our DD is singing that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter