• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Package, should I reserve dinner now?

Jennifer Sullivan

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time going to Epcot. I see that the packages for a meal and the Candlelight Processional are not available yet, but this week I can start to make restaurant reservations for the same time. Should I still make the restaurant reservation now and if so will I then be able to add the package when it's available? Or do I need to wait for the packages to open and book the meal at that time?

You can not add a CP ticket as part of an existing reservation. The CP package is a completely separate reservation than booking a meal. So you will need to wait for the packages to open and then book the meal, then.

They aren't releasing ANY reservations yet for restaurants participating in CP. I was told by a CM last week when I tried to make our ADRs for the week after Thanksgiving that 99% of the reservations at EPCOT CP restaurants are on hold until the CP schedule is finalized.

No problem! I suggest following the CP watch thread so that you know exactly when they release reservations. I don't even plan on doing CP, but I'm following the thread just so I can get a reservation at Akershus for breakfast as soon as it's available!

I had made one last year but then called and switched when candlelight came out. I would just wait bc you will
Never get same reservation. Totally worth the seats, we loved it!

Just to clarify: the only reason I know about this was from a few years ago when I was booking a CP dinner. There was a table open at Chefs de France, which is where I wanted, but I couldn't book a CP package for it. I called and asked if they could add CP passes to a standard ADR, and the person I talked to said no.

It's not as simple as seeing how many ADRs were for a CP package, and then giving the restaurants the same number of tickets in a day.

Just to clarify: the only reason I know about this was from a few years ago when I was booking a CP dinner. There was a table open at Chefs de France, which is where I wanted, but I couldn't book a CP package for it. I called and asked if they could add CP passes to a standard ADR, and the person I talked to said no.

It's not as simple as seeing how many ADRs were for a CP package, and then giving the restaurants the same number of tickets in a day.

Got it. Thanks for your help!

I recall the CP packages opening in July a couple years ago if that helps. I didn't pay attention to when they opened up last year but I want to say it was also in the summer for sure.. So you probably won't be waiting long before you can book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter