Candlelight Narrator?

bondgirl007

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know who the narrator is? If not, does anyone know when they will announce it? Thanks

I haven't heard anything but details should come out around now.

Last year the word got out later than ever- I think it was around November 20th. It's interesting that WDW posts their narrator lineup during the Summer, and DL's Candlelight information is always a bit under the radar. :santa:

Last year the word got out later than ever- I think it was around November 20th. It's interesting that WDW posts their narrator lineup during the Summer, and DL's Candlelight information is always a bit under the radar. :santa:

WDW sells hundreds of tickets and has dozens of shows. If people want to plan on the right speaker there, versus the only speaker at DL, they need time to plan for it.

I would love it if they would announce it soon. We will be at the 5pm Sunday performance.

WDW sells hundreds of tickets and has dozens of shows. If people want to plan on the right speaker there, versus the only speaker at DL, they need time to plan for it.

Sure, WDW is a whole different ball game. I'm happy with any narrator, really. It's the choir that really gives me chills. :goodvibes

I've never seen the candlelight processional at either park. Anyone able to give any tips for seeing this thing at DL this year? Buying tickets for seats is not in the budget for Christmas, so we will be trying to check it out from wherever we can grab a spot.

I've never seen the candlelight processional at either park. Anyone able to give any tips for seeing this thing at DL this year? Buying tickets for seats is not in the budget for Christmas, so we will be trying to check it out from wherever we can grab a spot.

You can't get tickets anyhow. In WDW you can.

Just plan to find a standing spot early. I'd suggest either waiting for the first crowd to leave and taking thier spots, or waiting from when the parade ends.

I just read on another site that Gary Sinise is the narrator this year:) Can anyone confirm this? Skiingfast, have you heard anything?

I just read on another site that Gary Sinise is the narrator this year:) Can anyone confirm this? Skiingfast, have you heard anything?

That's the rumor I heard, but no confirmation yet. Also there seems to be an AP experience they are trying to sell to select AP holders. Its discussed over on MousePlanet.....at a heft cost of $2500/couple!

Wow that is allot of money!!! :eek:
No kidding! As far as I've seen its invite only.
AP Candlelight experience

The experience kicks off with a welcome reception and dinner at the Grand Californian Hotel the evening of Sunday, December 4, followed by reserved seating for the 8pm Candlelight Processional.

Monday morning (December 5, Walt Disney's birthday), guests attend a sunrise breakfast at the Plaza Inn, and take a pre-opening tour of Disneyland with Disney Legends and creative staff, including Dave Smith, Tony Baxter, Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar and David Caranci.

Event guests also receive reserved seating for A Christmas Fantasy Parade, and a tour of Walt's apartment above the Main Street Fire Station. The two-day event includes a one-night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel, and is $2500 per couple. Additional guests can be added for $1000 per person, but must share the same hotel room.

Thanks for the confirmation. That was the last piece to fall in place for our trip. I had to choose World of Color or Candlelight Processional. Glad to have that decided :thumbsup2

That's the rumor I heard, but no confirmation yet. Also there seems to be an AP experience they are trying to sell to select AP holders. Its discussed over on MousePlanet.....at a heft cost of $2500/couple!

yes... they i got an invite and for the very mere price of $2500 (for 2) you get....

• One-night stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa on Sunday, December 4, 2011; valet parking for one vehicle included.

• An evening of holiday elegance beginning with a private reception and dinner at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa.

• Reserved seating for the 8:00 p.m. performance of Candlelight on December 4.

• Exclusive 2011 Candlelight mementos.

• Reserved viewing of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade.

• A sunrise breakfast at The Plaza Inn, one of Walt Disney’s favorite dining locations, on his 110th birthday, December 5. Breakfast will be followed by a pre-opening walk through Disneyland® Park.

• A visit to several locations in the Park with some Disney Legends and Creative Staff as they share their stories about Walt Disney, Disneyland® Park, and the magic of the holiday season. Guest speakers currently scheduled include Dave Smith, Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter, and David Caranci. Speakers are subject to change.

• A visit to Walt Disney’s private apartment above the firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A.

• Theme Park entrance for both days.

some of if would be awesome (a visit to Walt's private apartment!?!) but some of it doesn't make sense (entrance for both days... ummm I'm an AP holder, I guess maybe for those with block out dates?).

I asked DH if he would do this for me as my Christmas present... he just laughed at me... it's all good... we will actually be there on the 6th anyhow!

yes... they i got an invite and for the very mere price of $2500 (for 2) you get....

• One-night stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa on Sunday, December 4, 2011; valet parking for one vehicle included.

• An evening of holiday elegance beginning with a private reception and dinner at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa.

• Reserved seating for the 8:00 p.m. performance of Candlelight on December 4.

• Exclusive 2011 Candlelight mementos.

• Reserved viewing of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade.

• A sunrise breakfast at The Plaza Inn, one of Walt Disney’s favorite dining locations, on his 110th birthday, December 5. Breakfast will be followed by a pre-opening walk through Disneyland® Park.

• A visit to several locations in the Park with some Disney Legends and Creative Staff as they share their stories about Walt Disney, Disneyland® Park, and the magic of the holiday season. Guest speakers currently scheduled include Dave Smith, Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter, and David Caranci. Speakers are subject to change.

• A visit to Walt Disney’s private apartment above the firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A.

• Theme Park entrance for both days.

some of if would be awesome (a visit to Walt's private apartment!?!) but some of it doesn't make sense (entrance for both days... ummm I'm an AP holder, I guess maybe for those with block out dates?).

I asked DH if he would do this for me as my Christmas present... he just laughed at me... it's all good... we will actually be there on the 6th anyhow!

So it seems that all people do not have to be AP's like the other AP parties? Or maybe some passes are blacked out those days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter