• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candle Lighting for Rebecca Coriam ~ March 22, 2012

maria-fan-22

DIS Veteran
We are sadly coming up on the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Rebecca Coriam from the Disney Wonder.

I was thinking that we should again do a candle lighting.

Find the information below.

Electronic Candles can be brought onboard any DCL ship in lieu of an actual candle.

While your candle is lit, please take a picture of it and post it back here so that we may see the wave of burning candles across the globe.

March 22, 2012

Candle lighting will be from 8pm to 9pm, Your Local Time.

Participants:
maria-fan-22
extechie rbd/wdt
Florida dreamin'
figment52
*Flower*
Mr_Smee
calliope
tdizzle
Im_A_Princess
Tonka's Skipper
twindaddy

I will be on the Fantasy on the 22nd, and she will be in mind. It would be interesting if they did something for her, but I doubt they will.

I will be on the Fantasy on the 22nd, and she will be in mind. It would be interesting if they did something for her, but I doubt they will.

I'm also doubtful that anything would be done on the Fantasy, Dream or Magic, however, I would hope (that discretely) that they will bring the Wonder to a stop in the water at around dawn on the 22nd to pause and remember Rebecca and bring best wishes to her being found safe and healthy.

If they sounded her fog horn that would be appropriate in my opinion.

Ex Techie

I'm in no way saying people should, but if they wanted to bring along a battery powered candle to light on that day, then that would be OK with DCL and not prohibited.

Ex Techie

I went ahead and made the executive decision to chooses March 22. Find above the finalized information. I will continue to add participants as we go along.

This was my Candle burning last year out my front window.

maria-fan-22,

I hope Rebecca's family can take some solace and bring some hope from our wish and prayer's for those that do for her and our heartfelt loss and the missing of a ship mate to be found safe and sound so that her recovery can give her family some rest from her disappearance.
I will be thinking of her, her family and her fellow CM's all day on the 22nd.
I know the Wonder will also be missing Rebecca.

Ex Techie

I can not believe that it is almost a year already. We are in candles in our CT and FL homes to remember Rebecca.
Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter