Candelite Processional at Epcot

momof3disneyboys

Earning My Ears
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has attended the Candelite Processional at Epcot and if they had trouble getting seats without doing the dining package with it, we're trying to figure out if we need to do the dining package or not. The latest post I could find on the subject was from 2005.

I am going to move you over to the Theme park boards.

The answer to this depends partially upon when you are planning to attend. If you are going to be there during the week containing Christmas or the week between Christmas and New Year, and you are going to try to see CP without the dining package, you should be prepared to wait in the standby line for a VERY long time to be near the front of the line. We went to CP last year on 12/26, and we had the dining package so we got in to the 6:45 show without a problem. However, there were so many people in the dining package line that they did not admit all that many people from the standby line. Many of the people in the standby line for the 6:45 show ended up staying in line for the 8:00 show.

Candlelight Processional is a real highlight of Epcot at the holidays and is worth waiting for IMO. Hope you enjoy it!

I'm only going for four whole days (doing a park a day) the first week of December. I'm going to be at Epcot on that Saturday. If I wanted to do the first show of the day what time do ya'll think I should get in line? I'm really hoping I don't have to spend HOURS in line waiting. I haven't been to WDW in 6 1/2 years and have never done the countries justice. Thanks!

Again, the time and date are important. We've walked into CP several times for the first show during early December - no wait in line at all. You will have a pretty good chance then as long as it's not a weekend.

If this is really something you have your heart set on doing i would book a pkg.Even in early December, you may have to get on the stndby line EARLY.They only let Standby in after all the people with pkgs are in.The seats left over are not really that good.I waited on line for over an hour and still had a very obstructed view.Could hear everything,just not see it too well.The following year I did a pkg..Much,much better.

I would recommend making an ADR for the evening you want to attend the CP. It is very popular, and the standby line has been very, very long everytime I've looked. If you do opt to get in that line, be sure to do so very, very, very early.

:wizard: Racknack

Agreed, the Stand by line is Looooooong!
It is such a great event, treat yourself to a nice meal and a decent seat!
We've been 3 times and had dinner reservations each time.
I wish we could go this time but we will be going down a little early this year Nov 1-11, at least we can do the MVMCP. It's fun:thumbsup2 too!
Best wishes planning!

I went the first week of December last year and we got in the standby line for the last show on Monday night I think. I don't think we were in line more than 30 to 45 minutes ahead and had no problem getting in. I saw it again on Thursday night and wasn't in line more than 30 minutes ahead. The line looks long but the theater has more seating capacity than you think. I've seen it many times so having a perfect seat isn't important to me, I've always said it is more of a listening experience than visual. Saturday night will be harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter