Cancelling SW question

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I am pretty sure I have to cancell our May flight with SW. I understand I can get a credit for future travel for 1 year. However I have a few questions I can't find the answer to.

Does that 1 year start form the day I origianlly booked or the date I cancell?

Up to what point to I have to cancell? May outgoing flight was to be May 3, 2007 can I cancell right up to that date or does it have to be so many days or week ahead of time.

I have gotten credits when my flight went down but has anyone gotten a full refund when they cancelled a non-refundable flight? That one is a bit of a weird question but just thought I would ask.

Thanks
Kim

It's one year from when you originally bought the ticket but there have been reports of extensions.

I believe you can cancel up to the day before or maybe even an hour before.

I doubt they would give you a full refund, that's a risk with non-refundables. SW is generous in that they don't charge a fee like the other airlines to make changes.

Great thank you,

1 more question, does the replacement flight have to take place within the year or extension or does it just have to be rebooked?

Thanks

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter