Cancelling reservation question

R.J.'s Dad

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone can help me before I talk with member services. I booked 2 studios at BCV Sept 21-27. One for my family and one for my parents. I had to borrow points for my parents reservation. In the last week my father found out he needs surgery and now my parents won't be able to go. Can I cancel that reservation and return my points to their original use year since I'm canceling more than 30 days away? Or do I have to use them since they were borrowed? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Once borrowed, you can't put them back. But, you can use the borrowed points for the reservation for your room and bank this year's points into next year.

Ditto to the prior poster - you can't return them to the original use year, but you can ask MS to reallocate the points used on your ressie with the points on theirs.

And just a small add to her answer - depending on your use year, you could bank those free'd up points, but if you are past your banking windows, then you would need to use them up.

And if you can't bank them, you could either try to rent the week or upgrade to a 1br. :)

- you can't return them to the original use year, but you can ask MS to reallocate the points used on your ressie with the points on theirs.

If you did this, would this be considered an "exception" by MS or would this type of transaction be relatively routine?

I thought I read on these boards a while ago that MS grants you a one time exception regarding this type of situation, or am I mistaken?

Nancy :earsgirl:

Reallocating the points is perfectly acceptable. All you need to do is ask MS to do it. You might want to re-confirm a week or so after the conversation that it was done correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter