Cancelling/Modifying reservations last minute?

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
I have made a TS reservation for our party of 9 for each day of our stay. 2 of our party may not be able to make it to some of our meals, but we aren't likely to know until right before the time of the reservation (because there was a death in the family and so now part of the vacation is for a memorial service and there's not going to be much planning ahead because they have to wait and see what happens when all of the fam gets down to FL). My question is, for reservations that don't have "penalties" for cancellations/modifications (so not referring to our princess breakfast at Akershus, for example, and that's the only reservation we have like that), how do you go about last minute changes? Do you call the dining line, the restaraunt, or what? Also, do we HAVE to call on the ones that we're just going to be 2 people short?

Thanks for the help! I've never made ADR's before (never had to!) so this is all new to me.

I have made a TS reservation for our party of 9 for each day of our stay. 2 of our party may not be able to make it to some of our meals, but we aren't likely to know until right before the time of the reservation (because there was a death in the family and so now part of the vacation is for a memorial service and there's not going to be much planning ahead because they have to wait and see what happens when all of the fam gets down to FL). My question is, for reservations that don't have "penalties" for cancellations/modifications (so not referring to our princess breakfast at Akershus, for example, and that's the only reservation we have like that), how do you go about last minute changes? Do you call the dining line, the restaraunt, or what? Also, do we HAVE to call on the ones that we're just going to be 2 people short?

Thanks for the help! I've never made ADR's before (never had to!) so this is all new to me.

You can call the Disney dining number or you can go to the Disney web site and change and cancel reservations online without calling. Thats what I do, go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/. You have to register before you can pull up your reservations. If you just want to subtract some people from the reservations and still keep them, you may have to just call the disney dining number. Some people have said on here they dont even tell them until they arrive at the restaurant and they dont say anything about a few people not coming.

You can call the Disney dining number or you can go to the Disney web site and change and cancel reservations online without calling. Thats what I do, go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/. You have to register before you can pull up your reservations. If you just want to subtract some people from the reservations and still keep them, you may have to just call the disney dining number. Some people have said on here they dont even tell them until they arrive at the restaurant and they dont say anything about a few people not coming.

Oh yeah, that's the thing- we won't have internet access there. So it'll have to be a phone call. I just wasn't sure if it was weird to call the dining line 10 min. prior to our reservation or something.

Thanks!

For the meals in which you haven't prepaid or held with a credit card, you just show up 2 ppl short and say we are now a party of "7" not 9.
This is no big deal.

For the meals that you have held with CC you need to call and cancel those 2 ppl asap. I don't know the timeframe but these do have a call to cancel by such and such a time or you pay anyway. (think it is 24 or 48 hours)

For the meals in which you haven't prepaid or held with a credit card, you just show up 2 ppl short and say we are now a party of "7" not 9.
This is no big deal.

For the meals that you have held with CC you need to call and cancel those 2 ppl asap. I don't know the timeframe but these do have a call to cancel by such and such a time or you pay anyway. (think it is 24 or 48 hours)

Okay good to know!

Yeah we're not cancelling or modifying the one that is held by CC.

Yes, just show up with your smaller party. It happens all the time and is no problem. (The only problem would be if you changed your ADR to 7 people and ultimately showed up with 9. Then you would probably be out of luck.)

Yes, just show up with your smaller party. It happens all the time and is no problem. (The only problem would be if you changed your ADR to 7 people and ultimately showed up with 9. Then you would probably be out of luck.)

Very true. We have found ressies pop up for places such as Akershus and Garden Grill when I enter party of 4 that don't pop up online for a party of 3. I make the ressies for 4 and then show up stating there will be one less person. I have never had a problem. It is, however, difficult and much more unlikely that they can accomodate more people than you made the ressie for. You should be fine.

Thanks everyone. The reason we'd be doing things last minute is for that very reason- so we don't make any changes and then find out they CAN come. :)

Dining reservations over the phone can't be modified or made within the hour. It has to be over 60 minutes for them to help! We found this out one morning last week when we wanted a breakfast last minute :)

Thanks everyone. The reason we'd be doing things last minute is for that very reason- so we don't make any changes and then find out they CAN come. :)

Good luck with the meal. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter