Cancelling Holiday Help

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Hiya

We are wanting to cancel our trip to rhodes, but I wont be able to call first choice till lunch, its about 5 months till we go, and ideas as to how much we will lose? is it just the deposit?

we just think we arnt going to enjoy the trip as much as we though

Depending on the terms and conditions, Anna, you will probably only lose the deposit. It's a shame because Rhodes is a lovely place and, after everything you've been through over the last few months, you could probably use a holiday :)

Hope you don't have any problems getting your money back.

Why not just give it a try Anna? Depending on how much you've already paid and how much you have left to pay of course.

You may love it!

Virgin Holidays will "hold" the deposit against a future holiday but I don't know about other companies. It's worth asking though.

I do love rhodes, ben a few times, Ive just been diagnosed with the same skin cancer as my sister and dont know if I feel like doing much of anything right now

Anna ~ Perhaps cancelling the holiday is a good idea :grouphug:

mushumadness said:
yeah things could only go wrong.

You could always go on a city break or to a UK theme park to cheer yourself up :goodvibes

at 20 weeks out honey you would lose only your deposit. If you had already put travel insurance in place and your gp was willing to state you are unfit to travel (under the circumstances I could not imagine they would refuse) then you could claim this lost deposit back from the insurers.

I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Val
xx

i would explan the situation to them and see if you could prehaps move the deposit to another holiday. A city break or something prehaps. My friend had a similar issue not so long ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and at the time didnt feel like doing anything whatso ever, the company were really great, they said they couldnt refund the deposit but gave her the rest back. She also got a letter through the post saying they would be willing to use her deposit on any holiday she booked within the next year!

Hope things improve for you anna!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter