Cancelling borrowed points

Melani

"keep moving forward"
We want to try for BLT the week before Christmas '09 (using BLT points), but I am worried about the chances of really getting that with everyone calling in March.

I thought I'd book at BWV (with BWV points) just to be sure we had a room for that week. But since I already have a May reservation there, I'd have to borrow points to make Dec. res.

My question: If I do get the BLT days I want, when I cancel those BWV days, will they apply the borrowed points to my May reservation since they are both BWV (that way I can bank the cancelled points)? Otherwise I'd end up with 9 borrowed points that I couldn't use before they expire.

I was going to try and borrow points now and have them applied to my May res., but then I found this on ***********:
"Borrowing points can only occur at the time of making a reservation, and only if additional points are needed to make the reservation. (In other words, members cannot borrow points arbitrarily.)"

We want to try for BLT the week before Christmas '09 (using BLT points), but I am worried about the chances of really getting that with everyone calling in March.

I thought I'd book at BWV (with BWV points) just to be sure we had a room for that week. But since I already have a May reservation there, I'd have to borrow points to make Dec. res.

My question: If I do get the BLT days I want, when I cancel those BWV days, will they apply the borrowed points to my May reservation since they are both BWV (that way I can bank the cancelled points)? Otherwise I'd end up with 9 borrowed points that I couldn't use before they expire.

You won't be able to make the December reservation at BLT until May (7 months in advance), but if it is available you would be able to borrow BWV points for that reservation.

Members may only borrow points when making a reservation (meaning we cannot just borrow points to have them in our account). If you later cancel a reservation made using borrowed points, those points will be returned to your account in the Use Year into which they were borrowed. If you make a December reservation at BWV and then cancel that reservation, the points returned to your account can be used to make the BLT reservation - including the borrowed points. Again, once they have been borrowed they would be returned to your account to be used again during that same Use Year.

Thanks Doc, but maybe I laid it out wrong. Let me try again.

OK, so I have a May BWV, if I borrow BWV points to make BWV in Dec., but then cancel in March - would they apply the borrowed points to my May res?
- thus allowing me to bank the canceled current UY points?

I would be using BLT points for the BLT res.
(Assuming my guide really does call me back tomorrow like he said he would to take my credit card#)

Thanks Doc, but maybe I laid it out wrong. Let me try again.

OK, so I have a May BWV, if I borrow BWV points to make BWV in Dec., but then cancel in March - would they apply the borrowed points to my May res?
- thus allowing me to bank the canceled current UY points?

I would be using BLT points for the BLT res.
(Assuming my guide really does call me back tomorrow like he said he would to take my credit card#)

Yes, they will allow you to use the borrowed points for the May reservation since they are BWV points. MS will reallocate those points into the existing reservation and you can bank the current points freed up by the cancellation and reallocation.

Sorry I misunderstood the first time! :(

Yes, they will allow you to use the borrowed points for the May reservation since they are BWV points. MS will reallocate those points into the existing reservation and you can bank the current points freed up by the cancellation and reallocation.

What a relief. That's good news. Thanks for the help.

So if I understand correctly. If you borrow points to use in 2009 UY from 2010 and then cancel, those points go back to 2010, or do they technically become pts that have to be used in 2009?

So if I understand correctly. If you borrow points to use in 2009 UY from 2010 and then cancel, those points go back to 2010, or do they technically become pts that have to be used in 2009?

No, they are still being used in '09, just at a different resort than they were first booked at.

I called MS today and they confirmed :

I would be allowed to use the borrowed points towards my remaining '09 reservations, thus allowing me to bank the current UY points that would be canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter