Cancelling a shore excursion....

disdreams77

Mouseketeer
I read that the official policy to cancel a shore excursion is three days prior to departure. We are going to be traveling on the 12 night British Isles cruise next summer and want to make the most of our first trip to Europe, however we are not sure what to expect of ourselves and our two small(er) girls. Not sure if we can all "hang" for days of excursions. But I don't want to risk not booking everything I think we will want to do? Does anyone have real-live hands on experience with DCL and canceling excursions once onboard?

Rule is 72 hours pre cruise, IE at midnight, on ship, if they can re sell it you " may" get a refund. Depends on circumstances if someone was ill and they can resell they may not charge you. If under your circumstances you cancel for other reasons, expect to be charged, be very pleased if they do not charge you.

With young children try not to book, long tours, or ones that start early, our weather is changeable, have plans for rain, wind or sun.

My trip report below has lots on embarkation and disembarkation at Dover.

Most places in the UK are easy to get too without a tour, book them in Scotland, but England and Channel Islands are very easy and close.

On our EBTA this year I was able to get a credit for a NYC tour towards a Stavanger Norway excursion. I did have to talk to an excursion supervisor. This was done onboard the day after the NYC excursion.

If under your circumstances you cancel for other reasons, expect to be charged, be very pleased if they do not charge you.
I have to add the same caution but want to praise Disney CM's who made extraordinary efforts to find another excursion for my family after a mistake in departure time that was entirely our fault. There was no expectation in those circumstances that any refund would apply so we were grateful to have a portion eventually credited. It was a generous gesture that was outside their clear policy.

If you need to cancel an excursion while on board due to "illness," they'll do so without penalty, if you present a note from the ship's doctor saying that they recommend you not go on the excursion. Just "not feeling well" doesn't cut it.

we were unable to cancel an excursion, but could change it to a different one on the same day - as long as it was the same money or more. It ended up lucky for us in the end as they cancelled the one we changed to because of the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter