Cancelled Our Trip, Positive Review of WH Owner

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by FayeW, Jan 4, 2013.

1. FayeW

FayeW DIS Veteran

After some flight changes and other scheduling issues, I made the decision this morning to cancel our Feb trip. I had rented a 2 bdrm condo directly from an owner at Windsor Hills, and given that we are just over 30 days from check in, I fully expected to pay a penalty.

I was very happy that the owner refunded my deposit in full. Since we didn't stay in the unit I can't vouch for the condo personally, but if someone is looking to do business with an owner who appears to be honest and reputable I can highly recommend the person I worked with, and would be happy to pass on her name and contact info to anyone. If/when I am able to reschedule this trip I won't hesitate to do business with her again.

2. Redwitch

Redwitch DIS Veteran

Would you consider placing a link to her condo so we know the owner you are praising. Thanks!

3. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Yes! I'd like to know too if you could pm please!

4. FayeW

FayeW DIS Veteran

The owner's name is Katie Lopez. Here is the link to the condo: http://www.dworlando.com It looks like a nice place, and I am disappointed that I had to cancel. It was a very nice surprise to not have any cancellation penalty. She returned my money via paypal literally within minutes of my final email confirming that I wanted to cancel.

I stayed at Windsor Hills before but we used a management company, so I was a little nervous of renting from the owner and not having the safety net of a reputable management company. After this experience I would definitely make my next reservation with Katie.