Cancelled ADR"s for Double Booking?

jkthorstad

Mouseketeer
I was on another thread, and several people mentioned that "lots" of people have had ADR's cancelled for double booking. Looking for people that this has actually happened to

I am not advocating double booking and never cancelleing. Just until the park hours are released and I can see which park on which day

You really have to wonder who books more meals than they are really going to do. Im sure some people must book 2 TS meals daily until the day comes and they make up their mind which one they want and then they just cancel one of them. Who really needs 2 TS and 1 CS meals per day?

Ive personally seen it as I worked in CRO. If someone called to make changes or add a restaurant we would pull up their resses and if we saw too booked for the same night we would tell them they had to cancel one. If they didnt we would give the info to guest services to take care of it.

I was on another thread, and several people mentioned that "lots" of people have had ADR's cancelled for double booking. Looking for people that this has actually happened to

I am not advocating double booking and never cancelleing. Just until the park hours are released and I can see which park on which day

The problem is that if you book 90 days out you are taking two spots. Now someone else booking 90 days out can't get what they want so they take their second or third choice. You may cancel later when the park hours come out but the person who took their second or third choice is out of luck.

The problem is that Disney should release hours for four months so that this problem doesn't occur.

Whether Disney will cancel your reservation or not for double booking (something they did last year during Free Dining) should not factor in your decision. Fair play should.

Making several ADRS is so annoying to me. I personally don't do this because it is inconsiderate and I don't want me being selfish to make someone else possibly not get an ADR they wanted.

For instance, I couldn't get three ADRs (all at separate rest on sep. days) because none were avaliable for the the days we chose to visit those parks, and I called at 7a.m. 90 days out. For LeCellier, I tried three different evenings anytime after 4 p.m. until closing. Nada. It is ridiculous.

My DH and I have pretty stressful jobs (as we all do) with little time to continue to call to see if ADRs are canceled. Don't get me wrong, I am fairly happy with the ADRs we do have, and it is not the end of the world if we don't eat at a particular place. It is frustrating knowing that we likely couldn't get in because people have several ADRs booked for substantially the same time at different parks/resorts because they aren't set on their plans yet. End of rant.

I didn't say lots, I said it has been posted that it does happen. Not often enough, but it does happen.

It hasn't happened to me, but when I was booking a meal for a day when my party would be split up, the CM warned me that they do cancel duplicates and she wasn't sure they'd look at the party size before doing so.

Personally, I wouldn't feel right double booking at 90 out even if I was sure I'd cancel the ones that didn't work because there are other people trying for those same ADRs at 90 out. If you book both Chef Mickeys and Le Cellier because you're not sure which park you'll be in that day, there's going to be someone else disappointed when there is no availability at one or the other that night.

1) We have been "unofficially" told to scratch duplicate ADR's.
2) Sometimes there is time to tell the guest, other times they are just zapped.
3) I have personally noticed doubles and then canceled one of them.
4) There are too may people trying to get ADR's for others to double-up.

This thread also has information about the new dining system and no double booking policy:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2192253&goto=newpost

I don't believe that anyone cancels "double bookings". Seriously. We went last year on the deluxe - as a 13 party Grand Gathering at that. Not all 13 of us wanted to eat at the same places at the same time, so for my name and our GG number, I could've and probably did have (b/c we did 3TS per day), at least 3 sets of "double bookings" at each meal.

I'm not saying it's right, but c'mon, if Disney isn't savvy enough to have launched on-line reservations, I highly doubt they're scanning for duplicates, besides, how does any CM know what party size is or if it's 2 people with the same names and dates?

Then they should do what I did, go with my gut, book one ADR so I at least have something, then call back and make changes should the park hours change my plans.

It seems like that not possible from everything on here. I would not take the chance of someone making up your mind for you.

I dont have to worry about that as most of our ressies are at resorts and we always get hoppers. If you cant make up your mind, why not pay the extra fro the hoppers so it wont matter where you get your ressie or try eating at some of the resorts, like the poly or ALK.

Take a credit card # for ALL dining reservations and enforce a no-show fee (like they do for certain places already). This may eliminate a lot of double booking. I know someone personally who double books. She'll make a ressie in her name, her mom will make one and sometimes her husband will make one (yikes - triple booked?!?). I told her that this wasn't polite and others were missing out. She says she just doesn't know what park she'll be in what day and doesn't want to NOT have a TS ressie.

I told her that I hope she remembers to cancel, but that it still is wrong.

Disney should take CC #'s. I think that might help.

It hasn't happened to me, but when I was booking a meal for a day when my party would be split up, the CM warned me that they do cancel duplicates and she wasn't sure they'd look at the party size before doing so.

Personally, I wouldn't feel right double booking at 90 out even if I was sure I'd cancel the ones that didn't work because there are other people trying for those same ADRs at 90 out. If you book both Chef Mickeys and Le Cellier because you're not sure which park you'll be in that day, there's going to be someone else disappointed when there is no availability at one or the other that night.

I am glad mine didn't get cancelled last year, I booked them at the same time with the same CM when DH and I wanted to have a date night, I would book one place for 2, and another place for 2 for my mom and DD. I would have been ticked if they cancelled it thinking it was a double booking. I don't double book ADRs, but I have made 2 seperate ADRs for when we split up.

We are self employed and do not know until last we can go to Disney . We can not get ADR's and think it is wrong that TS refuse walk ups, when the restuarant is empty and people are not showing up because of double bookings. Sucks the magic right out for us as we enjoy TS meals
There are usually only 2 but sometimes 4 of us.

Bless the Rainforest card.

I hope they cancel double bookers. It's not fair! Everyone is dealing with the same 90 day time line.

Double booking is so selfish! I have no sympathy for those who double book and have their ADR's cancelled. I do hope that the CM's are making sure that a party is not being split up. That wouldn't be fair. Not everyone in one group needs to eat together all of the time. However, it bothers me to hear that people actually double book when they know how hard it is to get reservations, especially during the busy summer months and free dining. I'm glad to hear that Disney is doing something about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!