cancellation policy at 45 day mark

lmtravis

Mouseketeer
Anybody know the cancellation policy if you don't pay by the 45 day mark? In theory it is supposed to be cancelled but I keep hearing of grace periods. I really want to book another night at POR but can't until something opens up. We are quickly approaching the 45 day mark but seems that no one is cancelling which I find hard to believe.

Approaching the 45 day mark isn't the same as being at the 45 day mark. Also, if you're trying to add on to the end of your stay, the 45 day mark can be even further out. Plus, ion-only reservations have a five day cancellation requirement.

it's at the beginning of our stay which has to be the end of someone else's stay. We are going during free dining so i a sure there are room only's but there should be more FD.

I have since learned that Disney won't actually cancel your reservation until you are 15 days out. looks like I am in for a long wait.

Disney reserves the right to cancel your reservation anytime inside the 45 day mark. Typically inside 30 days you got more major nasty-grams. You can continue to add as much as you'd like once you hit 45 days, you just can't remove anything from your package so you can keep stalking inside the 45 day mark.

I have since learned that Disney won't actually cancel your reservation until you are 15 days out. looks like I am in for a long wait.
Not true...2 years ago hubby royally screwed up. At about the 35 day it was canceled by Disney. Had to scramble and change dates.

I was told they changed it to have to be paid by 30 days but maybe it depends when you made it. I found it out in a Disney Blogs email several months ago. Not sure if it apply to the current reservations or what. Call is the best thing to do rather than to hope for situation. :)

I was told they changed it to have to be paid by 30 days but maybe it depends when you made it. I found it out in a Disney Blogs email several months ago. Not sure if it apply to the current reservations or what. Call is the best thing to do rather than to hope for situation. :)

You are correct that the PIF date has changed for packages, but I think the change starts with 2016 bookings (with trips booked through 2015 still being 45 days).

this is crazy! I honestly don't understand why 45 days isn't 45 days. And yes 2016 is 30 days.

this is crazy! I honestly don't understand why 45 days isn't 45 days. And yes 2016 is 30 days.
Becasue not many people are waiting to snap up full week long vacations at the 45 day mark. So if someone is still likely to pay and go on the trip why would disney cancel on them?

When I had a package I always paid in full 45 days. Never waited until the last minute. You really don't know what Disney will do once it 45 days and not paid. Just saying.

I know this doesn't apply to you as you are wanting to add another room ?

Yep. We want to extend our stay. We have already paid in full in advance of our 45 day mark.

I am not saying that Disney should just cancel everyone out at the 45 day mark, however, if you haven't reached out to the and told them that you need more time or if you haven't made a payment beside your $200 deposit, I do think that they should cancel your reservation. Sure, not every reservation would be swapped 1 for 1 with a new reservation of the same length. But, the FD rooms would definitely go. If they don't cancel them at the 45 day mark and do have to cancel them later, it creates a tremendously short booking window for a disney vacation.

Yep. We want to extend our stay. We have already paid in full in advance of our 45 day mark.

I am not saying that Disney should just cancel everyone out at the 45 day mark, however, if you haven't reached out to the and told them that you need more time or if you haven't made a payment beside your $200 deposit, I do think that they should cancel your reservation. Sure, not every reservation would be swapped 1 for 1 with a new reservation of the same length. But, the FD rooms would definitely go. If they don't cancel them at the 45 day mark and do have to cancel them later, it creates a tremendously short booking window for a disney vacation.

I agree as long as the person made more than $200 required. Some wait until the latest they can to pay them. It is not fair to those who pay on time. I was always under the impression they would cancel it at 45 day mark no matter what. I never wait that long. And I always brought the insurance.

Once in 2008 my MIL died the night before we was suppose to leave. I called Disney and told them, they asked if we could come down anytime after. We were able to go 5 days after the funeral and they got us the same resort and with the discount that we had. They were great about it. Even to our surprise the airlines worked with us.

We now do room only as it is the best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!