Cancel or change reservation

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MickMan, Aug 16, 2013.

1. MickMan

MickMan DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lady_bug_888

lady_bug_888 Mouseketeer

I don't have a link but I have some experience. Our last trip was 2 years ago and it was a lifelong dream of mine coming true. It was my first time in WDW (I've been to DL a couple of times). We had some financial set backs and almost had to cancel our trip so I called and asked some questions.

1) I asked about postponing the trip. They said I could postpone indefinitely and not lose my money as long as I had a date set (but I would be able to postpone again if I wanted).

2) I asked about cancelling my trip. Since I was far enough away (I think I was between 45-60 days away), I could cancel but I would forfeit $200.

3) I asked about changing my room to a cheaper resort. This was no problem, easily done and I saved a TON of money.

I went with option 3 and I had a TERRIFIC time, even if I did have to stay at a resort I wouldn't have normally chosen. The resort was FANTASTIC (AMu) and I can hardly wait to return...although maybe I'll try a new hotel next time just for fun!

4. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran