Cancel one member of party?

las3888

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We have one member in our party who may or may not make a few of our dining ressies and we won't know until probably last minute. We went ahead and made some ressies for a party of 6, but if we show up as a party of 5, will they charge us for the person who didn't show up? It is what it is, so I just wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks!

They will not charge you for one person who doesn't show up. Your entire party would have to be absent for the charge to kick in.

To piggyback off this...

There's a chance 3 of our party of 5 scheduled for a dinner ADR won't make it...so if just DH and I show up and it's 2 instead of 5, still no charge?

It is our experience (last trip we did this was 2/14) that as long as someone shows up, we have never been charged. Have a great trip!

Just another "Been there, done that" chiming in. No problem! When I go solo, I always reserve for 2 "just in case". Maybe DH will surprise me and show up, or I'll meet a new friend. Sadly, neither has happened so only one shows up. Never a charge.

I'm in the same boat. We have 7 on all of our ADRs. My son's girlfriend may not be coming with us. What happens with our CRT and Wishes Dessert Party? I figure if she isn't able to come the other reservations are ok, but not sure about these 2.

On a regular restaurant reservation they will NOT charge you for missing party members as long as someone shows up to honor the reservation.

With a prepaid reservation you might have some issues if you want to remove a person past the cancellation deadline. I think about all you can do is ask for a refund on that person at the time you check in.

To piggyback off this...

There's a chance 3 of our party of 5 scheduled for a dinner ADR won't make it...so if just DH and I show up and it's 2 instead of 5, still no charge?

You won't be charged.
Your wait can be extended, as they won't give you a 4-5 top for two diners now. So if a 2-person ADR checks in after you, they could get sat first.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter