Cancel Kona Breakfast for Olivia's Cafe?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Right now I have Kona Cafe scheduled for breakfast on our waterpark day. We are staying at POR and will be driving to breakfast and from breakfast we will head to the waterparks. (Not sure which on yet, probably TL) I have heard Kona isn't as great as it used to be and am not sure it is worth the hassle to get to the Poly that morning. Would it be easier to go to OKW and eat ate Olivia's? It looks a lot closer on the map.

Does anyone have any reviews or photos from Olivia's?

It looks like your trip is 5/22 through 6/1? That covers Memorial Day weekend, which is a very busy time. As you decide which breakfast to choose, you may want to take into consideration that the water parks sometimes close mid-morning due to capacity limits. I would recommend an early breakfast so you do not arrive too late to the water park.

It looks like your trip is 5/22 through 6/1? That covers Memorial Day weekend, which is a very busy time. As you decide which breakfast to choose, you may want to take into consideration that the water parks sometimes close mid-morning due to capacity limits. I would recommend an early breakfast so you do not arrive too late to the water park.

Thanks for the reply. We plan on having an 8am breakfast and the waterparks open at 10am. That should work right?

I haven't eaten at Kona recently, but the Tonga Toast is well worth the hassle. I love Kona Cafe!

We ate at both Kona and Olivia's the last trip. We liked both very much, but I can tell you that Kona was much more crowded than Olivia's and I like the breakfast choices at Olivia's better. If you want to start your day off quietly, I'd go with Olivia's. You can even eat outside there, which is nice.

Old Key West is also a more centrally located resort, which will make your trips shorter than if you go to the Poly. JMHO

Thanks for the reply. We plan on having an 8am breakfast and the waterparks open at 10am. That should work right?

I think the usual opening time is 10 AM at both water parks, but they do have EMH on certain days when they start at 9 AM, so you might want to check.

If you get there at opening, don't be surprised that there will be a line. When we went by bus it wasn't a big deal. But when we went by car, we were backed up into the roadway! Eventually we all got in, so really no worries in the end.

I love Kona- but I can't compare the two, as I've never been to olivia's. I CAN tell you, i just had breakfast at Kona last weekend, and I (and the other 4 girlfriends with me) thought it was amazing. 3 of us had the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes-

2010_0504dismoms20100010.jpg

They were the reason I wanted to go back. they are delicious. One of us got Tonga Toast-

2010_0504dismoms20100012.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100011.jpg

The woman who ordered this has a BIG sweet tooth, and she loved it. The rest of us, it's just too sweet. We all had pressed pot coffee, and lilokoi juice which was delicious-

2010_0504dismoms20100008.jpg

but we all preferred the juice at Boma, as the lilikoi is thicker and sweeter. But best of all was what my friend, Joan had- the Somoan, poached eggs with hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash-

2010_0504dismoms20100013.jpg

All I can say is...:worship: :worship: :worship: Wow, was that good! The portions there are enormous, easily we could have split an order of anything with someone (but we didn't, we were all being pigs! :rotfl:). When i go in September with my DH, we'll be ordering the somoan and the pancakes and sharing- don't think I would be able to miss either! The fruit looks really good there, too- it is served in a pineapple half and has lots of kiwi and strawberries in it. Never seem to have room for it when we order, though!!

Good luck on your decision- I am partial to Kona, but I hear nice things about Olivia's, too, and am looking forward to trying it out someday!

I've eaten at both many times and prefer Kona. But honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

One of the PPs mentioned the french press coffee at Kona....if you ahve any coffee lovers, you will be glad to have this treat. Most coffee on property is Nescafe instant and it is pretty awful. It is great to have an excellent cup of coffee at Kona. (BTW, I have not been to Olivia's, can't speak about their coffee.......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter