Canadians - Park Hoppers?

Mackysmycat

DisneyDreamer
Hey there fellow Canadians…. Was going to post this question in the Canadian Trip planning board but noticed it's for Disneyworld not Disneyland? Just wondering where everyone gets their park hoppers from?

We always get our DL tickets straight thru the Disney website. I would be sceptical of discount sites for DL tickets as I don't think they actually exist.

In the past we have bought through flight centre. They list their prices in Canadian dollars so at first it looks more expensive then what disney is selling them for. But, once you add exchange to the disney prices then the flight center tickets always come out a bit cheaper. Remember that exchange is based on what the bank will sell to you. Expect to pay about $1.35 cad for $1 usd.

Hey there fellow Canadians…. Was going to post this question in the Canadian Trip planning board but noticed it's for Disneyworld not Disneyland? Just wondering where everyone gets their park hoppers from?

If you want to pay in CAD, look at either Expedia.ca or Flightcentre.ca, as far as I know those are the only two places that sell in our currency.

What I always do is compare prices from everywhere and see where the best deal is, especially given our crappy exchange! If I buy through Orbitz or Expedia.ca, I go via ebates.ca to get $ back.While I prefer to buy in CAD, sometimes sucking up the exchange is the better deal.

Oh, and post about DL on the Canadian board, there are a bunch of us who post there who can answer your q's about the West coast...even though there are some posters there who think that it is only for Canadian WDW visitors! :rolleyes:

We bought ours through flightcentre this time around, it turned out to be cheaper through them when you factor in our crappy dollar. They will email you a voucher and you take it to the kiosk at the park to exchange it for an actual pass.

Previously I've purchased through Flightcenter and also through Westjet when I booked flight and hotel with them. I don't think you can book passes only with Westjet but it's worth a call maybe.

Flightcenter was really easy and the rates were quite competitive. For what it's worth - the USD is a bit lower today for us Canadians. My FI is posting a 1.3411 rate :)

we got orbitz.com the last time as you got a 4 day for the price of a 3 day pass

I just went last night to flight center and got our 5 day park hopper for $395 Canadian each. I figured we were better off getting them here in Canadian before we left to save a bit on the exchange.

I was worried that the park passes might increase after reading about the Annual Pass changes.

For what it's worth, I just looked at both expedia.com and expedia.ca

Through expedia.ca I can't even buy tickets for my dates in April 2016 and for the dates for which I can purchase tickets they are non-refundable.

With expedia.com I can buy tickets for my April dates and they are refundable up until the 20 April ( I'm leaving on the 24th ).

How can it be so different? Seems a no-brainer to buy on Expedia when I can cancel if a better deal comes up.

Has anybody had any experience with this? could there be a 'fine print' I'm missing or should look for? Thanks!

Yes I've always used Flight Centre before but thought maybe there was another place I didn't know of that might be even better. I will stick to FC then. Thanks!

We used Ares, last year and Airmiles this year. Ares gave us 5 days at the 4 day price. The Airmiles this year, gave us the tickets at essentially par.

when we went in 2012 we bought the Southern California Citypass. The city pass in 2012 came with 3-day disney parkhoppers, 1-day at universal and 1-day at seaworld. ( However, as of this year They have now change the citypass to come with 3-day disney parkhoppers, 1-day at legoland and 1-day at seaworld. ) We got the Citypass on Costco Canada online. So it is a discounted price and it is in Canadian funds.

does anyone know if the parkhopper passes from flightcenter can be used to upgrade to an AP?
right now the FC passes expire 1-1-16 -- wonder when the 2016 tickets will be available?

does anyone know if the parkhopper passes from flightcenter can be used to upgrade to an AP?
right now the FC passes expire 1-1-16 -- wonder when the 2016 tickets will be available?

We bought passes that expire December 31, 2016 through FC recently. I think any ticket you buy can be used to upgrade to an AP.

The voucher provided seems questionable but I have read of several people on this board who thought they same but had no problems when they arrived at DLR.

I know it's a hassle to have to stop at the ticket booth rather than head straight to the gate, but considering the exchange and the foreign currency fee on credit cards, we saved about $175 for our family of 4.

I also wanted to buy them sooner than later as it seems the CAD$ is going down more than up right now. :(

We get orbitz tickets when they offer the extra day. Otherwise we get direct from Disney. We have a US credit card and account so its better to use that rather than buy in Canadian dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter