Canadians in January 2010?

POFQ nice resort, just a boat ride away from downtown Disney, nice time to go to!! - and yes my countdown clock is also on the go.....

Have you stayed there before? I've heard really good things about it, but not stayed there myself. We usually stay at Pop but as I'm going solo (gulp) this time, I thought I'd upgrade a bit, though couldn't really justify the cost of a deluxe resort.

The countdown is exciting, isn't it? I was so thrilled to see it click down from 3 months! It's so nice to have something to look forward to after the holidays!

We'll be there Jan 18-28....4 of us + grandma and Pa! We'll be visiting BIL at Wide World of Sports for his Fastball Tournament too!

we are going Jan 15-22 and staying at Wilderness Lodge.
We were totally sucked in by the Pirates of the Caribbean commercial, and when Southwest offered great deals from Buffalo ... we were hooked.
It's our kids' Christmas gift. And we'll be there for DH's bday.

We just booked today :)

We're heading down January 18-25th :cool1:

Anyone been in January before...if so how was the weather and the crowds? What time do the parks close at?

I'm excited...come on January...

The weather was nice, in the high teens low twenties, and the crowds were almost non-existant most of the time. We usually had less than 15 minute waits and the most was 45 one day on a weekend.

Looks like we are now going to go to Orlando and not Cali.

Count me in for a solo trip for the marathon weekend 7th-12th.

I imagine it will be packed.

We just booked today :)

We're heading down January 18-25th :cool1:

Anyone been in January before...if so how was the weather and the crowds? What time do the parks close at?

I'm excited...come on January...

We'll be at WL Jan 20 - 25, then 5 more days in Ft. Lauderdale. We've been twice before in Jan. In Jan 08, we were in Ft. Lauderdale first, then drove up to WDW and a cold snap came in for 2 or 3 days, brrrr. At night it was cold, I'm talking winter jacket cold. And we left ours in Ft. Laud. as we were driving back there to fly home. Stayed with family.
Last Jan. it was very plesant. Winter in Florida is unpredictable. Pack for both warm and cold days.

Jan 06 was colder than Dec 07. We were at CBR in 06 and kids swam in pool while guards wore winter jackets and we watched. We did do one WP day but it was chilly outside of the water. Dec 07 we spent many happy afternoons and evenings at the pool at both poly and bc - prepare for anything!!

We will be there for 2 weeks in mid January. We are staying off site at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista which looks like a great hotel minus being next to I4. Though I don't think that will be to big of a deal...more like a wake up call everyday! The hotel has great reviews, and great rooms. Flat panel tv's, SleepNumber beds, and a microwave and fridge all come standard in every room!
We splurged and are staying 2 nights at the Yacht Club at the end of the trip. I hope it isn't chilly beause dd is very excited to play in SAB. But we are Yukoner's so as long as it's close to twenty degrees, she will be swimming :)

We are going down for marathon week, Jan 7 - 11 at POP and 11 - 16 at BWV. Can't wait.

Any fellow marathoners here?

:santa:Last year we went from the 16th to the 26th. The first 2 days were jacket weather where you could see your breath in the morning. The last 2 days were hot enough that we got tired quicker. Everything in between was perfect. We are going again from Jan 16th to the 30th and can't wait. We are from N.S. so no matter how cold it is in Florida it is going to be a treat.
We stay at the Poly and love it.

Not sure if this counts but we'll be at Disney's Vero Beach Resort January 26-28. We're stopping on our way down to the Keys, then we'll head back up to Disney World February 7th. Guess I should start a February thread for Canadians eh? :thumbsup2

Just a quick heads up to those booked for January that room-only discount codes for WDW Resort hotesl are now out for the general public. The code is SGG and gives savings of 30-45% depending on the resort. I just used this code for our room at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

We will be going Jan 24-31s staying at Music, I am so excited and can not wait!

This is DS xmas present they are getting a postcard from Mickey to invite them to visit!

We'll be there Jan19-28, AKL villas Kidani. This is our first trip since we were 7 and our kids first trip ever! Super pumped, been planning for over a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter