Canadians and Driving down in May

Thumper_ehhhhh

<font color=darkorchid>Better to have been tagged
Of those heading down in May I was wondering how many Canadians are driving? We are, we plan on driving down in 2 days and back in 2 days. While spending 10 nights at POP and the remaining nights at the beach somewhere.
Man I can't wait.

We are driving down in May as well but doing it in 25 hrs. Leaving Peterborough at around 9am on the 16th. I will be doing all the driving and I am used to being in a vehicle for 12-13 hrs a day anyways. I usually get tired when we hit florida so that is when I take a small break to refresh. This will be the first time we leave this early in the morn. Usually we leave around 3 pm. So this will make things interesting.

Rob (Snowwhite's DH)

We're thinking of driving but haven't decided for sure. With the Victoria Day Holiday DH can is only taking 4 days off. If we drive we're planning on leaving Thurs afternoon, stopping in Ohio and then stopping Fri night in southern GA.

We are leaving May 3rd to arrive in WDW on May 4th, taking the I75 down. Then, we leave WDW on May 18th, to arrive back home on the 19th via the 95.

We drive just about every year and LOVE it! :thumbsup2

Driving from Ottawa to Washington, then taking the AutoTrain the rest of the way. Doing the reverse on the way back

We are also planning on driving down Victoria day weekend. We will be leaving Thursday when the kids are finished school, stopping for the night somewhere probably in Ohio and then up bright and early to finish the trek on Friday...that is the plan right now, but we don't check into our resort until Sunday, so we can take our time if we want...Can't wait!!

We're driving down in May - make that the end of April to get there May 1. We take 3 days to drive and the journey is part of the vacation. :cool1: We're leaving WDW May 12.

Brenda

We depart may 3 taking i90-i7-hwy 19-i77-i26-i95 route doing in 2 days :cool1: departing from north of to 4am to avoid rush hour fininshing first day in south caroline leaves a short 7 hour drive to arrive late aft on the 4th
Likely come home the i75 route on the 12th of may :drive:

We depart may 3 taking i90-i7-hwy 19-i77-i26-i95 route doing in 2 days :cool1: departing from north of to 4am to avoid rush hour fininshing first day in south caroline leaves a short 7 hour drive to arrive late aft on the 4th
Likely come home the i75 route on the 12th of may :drive:
Your way down is the same as mine. We too are leaving around 4 am lol Just make sure you dont brak the speed limit on hwy 19 you will get a ticket. We leave on the 4th though. i90 to i 79 though

We're leaving Friday May 25 and driving straight through. We take the I-75 route.

The book makes it easy to know where rest stops / gas / food is.

After 4 trips down that route, I don't even need the book, I can tell you where the best bathrooms are. :rotfl:

We're leaving Friday May 25 and driving straight through. We take the I-75 route.

The book makes it easy to know where rest stops / gas / food is.

After 4 trips down that route, I don't even need the book, I can tell you where the best bathrooms are. :rotfl:

How long does it take you? We live in Cambridge and am trying to find out times. And which book do you use?

It's the Dave Hunter book called "Along I-75". It shows the route, nice to know info about what you are passing by, and the gas / lodging / food along the route.

It takes about 23 hours (unless we leave during rush hour on a Friday, then it's 24 hours).

Sometimes we stop for the night, sometimes we don't. If we stop, it's usually somewhere in Georgia - either Dalton or just past Atlanta.

It's the Dave Hunter book called "Along I-75". It shows the route, nice to know info about what you are passing by, and the gas / lodging / food along the route.

It takes about 23 hours (unless we leave during rush hour on a Friday, then it's 24 hours).

Sometimes we stop for the night, sometimes we don't. If we stop, it's usually somewhere in Georgia - either Dalton or just past Atlanta.

I'm suprised you don't go through buffalo 190 ,179 us19. i77 i95 i think thats it. Thats the route we take and it takes us 20 hrs. We have done it in 19 hrs. Thats a tank of gas cheaper. 3-4 hrs each way does add up.

true about hwy 19 done this route lots of times b4 especially bad in somerville think its the towns main source of revenue we leave from bradford and take 407 from the 400 to hamilton costs a little bit but never have any traffic to deal with on this route can be at ft erie in less than 2 hours from our door maybe we will see u down there that week

true about hwy 19 done this route lots of times b4 especially bad in somerville think its the towns main source of revenue we leave from bradford and take 407 from the 400 to hamilton costs a little bit but never have any traffic to deal with on this route can be at ft erie in less than 2 hours from our door maybe we will see u down there that week
Welcome to the boards
When ya going? Where ya staying? Were at pop century may 6 to 16th. I will have my lime green mickey heads hanging from my backpack and I will have my lime green focker landyard.
Hard to miss me thats for sure. i will also have the embarased wife pretending she don't know me when I focker eyes someone else wearing lime green hehehehe :dance3: yes I lots it a long time ago :lmao:

staying off site at windsor hills in a condo there real good deal its called mickey's hideaway so decorated with everything disney so not really leaving the magic and it is closer to some of the parks than some of the resorts on site
arrive there may 4 late afternoon depart may 12
myself my wife (shes given up being embarassed byt me) and 2 boys ages 9 and 4

park schedule starts on the sat at mk sun ak monday epcot tues dis studios wed late morning arrive at mk to last thru to fireworks thurs epcot late for illuminations and friday likely \mk after a breakfast at chef micks

will keep an eye of for lime green ears for sure

Welcome to the boards
When ya going? Where ya staying? Were at pop century may 6 to 16th. I will have my lime green mickey heads hanging from my backpack and I will have my lime green focker landyard.
Hard to miss me thats for sure. i will also have the embarased wife pretending she don't know me when I focker eyes someone else wearing lime green hehehehe :dance3: yes I lots it a long time ago :lmao:

We'll be at the Pop the same time you are!!!!! We are driving down the I90-T79-I19-I77-I26-I95 route....stopping in Beckley WV and Brunswick Georgia before arriving at Pop.

We'll be at the Pop the same time you are!!!!! We are driving down the I90-T79-I19-I77-I26-I95 route....stopping in Beckley WV and Brunswick Georgia before arriving at Pop.

Cool were heading out early friday may 4th 3 am. we plan on driving until at least dinner and stopping in Walterboro South Carolina just on I95 the first night.Then pull into Daytona beach early on the 5th spend the day at the beach and head out early sun to Disney. Aggressive first day. Who knows if we will make it that far. The last time we stopped in Wythville West Virginia after 9 hours driving. The kids asked why we stopped. So this time were pushing it on farther. Just dont forget to slow down on US19. Big speed trap.

thumper had a change in our drive plans courtesey south west air lines heading out may 4th ex buffalo scored great savings $69 on seatsale just the other night and a great deal on a car rental thru mousesavers .com prices equalled what it would have cost us to drive with hotel costs so i will likely be passing you on the hwy about 20,000ft above you will keep an eye out for the greens ears in the park though pretty sure i wont get a ticket on hwy 19 now lol have a safe drive

Sounds good jtconn. I will have the green mickeys heads on my backpack and green focked landyards. Hope to see you there. We will be at the magic kingdom on sunday then monday we will be at mgm, tues epcot, wed animal kingdom I beleive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter