Canadian women do it again

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
The womens hockey team brings home the gold. I do have to say that I would be a bit ticked if I was on the USA team because that goal did go in.

The Canadian Women's team kick butt! They were awesome on the ice and it always makes me happy when we beat the Americans!

::yes:: great win for the Canadian women...hope they're an inspiration to your DD's, hockey mom.

Yes, the goal went in...I can't believe the video goal judge could not see that!...what camera angle did she have?...on the other hand though, the US still didn't score another goal, even with 54 seconds left in the Cdn penalty....I would have felt real bad if the US did score a goal..........but do you remember the Cdn-US game where Canada kept getting penalty after penalty after penalty....and still beat the US....so I guess the officiating goes both ways

.....great, now I think I'm a hockey analyst:rolleyes:

Canadave my DD watched the whole thing with dreams of 2010. That's what I said also- with the goal it still would have only been 2-1.

Canadian women rock what a great end to a great tournament. So they are now 38and 1 all time in the tourney just goes to show who is still producing the best players both male and female.

Originally posted by Canadave
Yes, the goal went in...I can't believe the video goal judge could not see that!...what camera angle did she have?...

That's the problem with the IIHF - they don't use video replays. The ref asked the goal judge whether or not it was in, and neither of them saw it hit the back of the net.

You can rest assured they'll be looking at it for next year! :D

So Sherry - I guess our DDs will be teammates in 2010. :tongue:

- Mike

Way to go Canada. Always feels good to beat our neighbours to the south. I feel sorry for the US though, eight silver medals in a row!

My DD too will be there in 2010 too!, she could even play in 2006 if she played in Germany - those girls were so young! Anyone at the Brampton tournament over easter?

Yup, we'll be in Brampton. London PeeWee AA. What about you, tyke?

- Mike

I stand corrected...thanks MikeJ...I didn't realize they didn't use video...that would explain that situation......so therefore, it was not a goal...if the rule is 'referee and goal judge only', the puck "officially" didn't go in...it goes both ways...unfortunately, in a game of such importance, video would have been handy to use...you have to keep in mind that a LOT of sports don't have video to confirm plays...that's the nature of sport

Sounds like we have a lot of DIS DD's that are "soon-to-be" women hockey players...hmmm, I wonder if there is a correlation between Disney and women's hockey :D

So its set then- Dis meet in BC, 2010 in betwwen hockey games.:smooth:

Canuctyke- what level is your daughter at?

Sherry,

I got a PM from canucktyke earlier - she's Bantam A. IIRC, yours was playing Bantam A as well, wasn't she? Maybe you two have run across each other before but didn't even realize it...

- Mike

good plan hockey mom...now I have just 6 years to get DD's interested in hockey:rolleyes:...but I'll have to get Emily to drop gymnastics, dance team, singing lessons, etc, etc.:teeth:

Hi Hockey Mom, MikeJ. If it's Peterborough Bantam A, then we played them many times this season. p.s. lost the NMGHL championship game to Brampton - game was tied 2-2 with 22 seconds left, and then they got the winner.

All this goes to prove, is what everyone reading this already knows - It's a small world after all.

Soccer season next - what does everyone else do for fun when they are not reading the DIS board, at WDW, or at the rink?

Canadave we have faith in you. Just start putting hockey sticks in her room.

Canuctyke- what a coincidence. My DD was the captain. We started out with a strong season, but when we lost a complete line of our strongest we were done. You did good in the finals though because Brampton is a very strong team. Your DD also played great against us.

Originally posted by canucktyke
All this goes to prove, is what everyone reading this already knows - It's a small world after all.

No, no, no!!! Now you've done it! I won't be able to get that blasted song out of my head for hours!! :crazy: :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter