Canadian Ticket Deal

st_claire

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just had a quick question about the passes. In all the adds, in the fine print, it says it's for arrival up to April 30th. Does this mean I have to use it once before May, or can I start using it whenever I want before it expires May 15th, as long as I know it expires then? I called Disney, and they said that I could use it any time before it expired, but I keep seeing it in all the fine print relating to the deal, so I wanted to ask here and make sure I didn't get a Disney representative who made a mistake. Please let me know, and thanks so much.

I would like to know for sure too. We will be using the first day on April 29th, so I think I would be OK. But, it is always nice to be sure.

We were worried about the same thing and we talked to about 6 different operators about this and they said as long as you finish using it by the 15 of May its ok to start anytime. You have to get the ones directly from Disney though, not the Disney store thier deal is different.

Thanks for the information.

How is the disney store deal different? I was either going to buy them at TDS or at CAA, do they have different rules? Also, which one is cheaper?

How does one buy them directly from Disney anyway, if not at TDS?

As far as we've been told, the promo passes that we're selling at TDS in Canada have to been bought and used at least once before April 30th and the remaining days expire on May 15th.

I am curious, as well, how passes from WDW differ from the one we have at TDS. In years past, guests have always had to buy the promo passes in Canada... getting them directly from WDW was not an option.

How do I get these tickets if there is no Disney Store near me?

tricia,you can buy these passes from travel agencies or the CAA.

The number to call to get the passes right from Disney is 1-407-WDW-STAR. They took our order answered our questions and we received our tickets in about 5 days. The cost for shipping was $3 for the batch. The tickets do say April 30 but when we called once again they said it is the last day they can sell the tickets and still leave enough time for people to use the 7 days and 4 plusses. The tickets from the Disney store must be activated by the 30th of April. I hope that this answeres your questions, we did a lot or research and even thought of activating them the morning before we got on the cruise just to be sure but we were assured that anytime before May 15 is OK if they are from Disney directly or from CAA (they get thiers directly from Disney too). You must get these tickets by April 19.

Christine

We here on the Canadian side of the Dis board also went through this same discussion at the beginning of the promo. I did try to find that thread for you, but they changed some of the archived stuff not to long ago.
Snowwark -maybe you can help with a link?
Anyways, the just of that thread was:
1) You can order them from CRO and pick them up at the ticket window at WDW- they will give you a confirmation number on the phone & charge your card.- U.S $ ( this is what I did)
or have them mail as i12go2wdw did.
2) You can buy them at The Disney Store (keep in might those expiry dates), they charge you in Canadian dollars and because it's Cdn the exchange is fixed so sometimes it is cheaper.
3) CAA sells the tickets at U.S. dollar price so it will depend what the exchange rate is to know which is the better price. And sometimes they include a character breakfast ($19.99 US$savings)
4) Holiday House Vacations (through travel agents) also sell OFFICIAL Disney Tickets, which usually/but not always include a breakfast and are usually CDN$- but they need to be ordered so timing and expiry dates again must considered.

I think the difference between any of the options is within the $20. per ticket range.

I know that's a lot of info & and I've not given you a straight answer but I hopes it helps. Have a great time all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter