Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

I stopped by a CAA Niagara office yesterday. I was told that you could not buy tickets with the 25% discount at the counter. However, if you are booking your Disney hotel etc through a CAA travel agent, they can get you the discounted price on tickets.

When going to the park to show my Canadian ID and to pick up the tickets, what would be the quickest way to get them? It says you can either go to a ticket window or guest relations but I'm wondering which would save the most time. I'll be going to Epcot my first day there around 2pm.

How long of a wait is it for the ticket windows typically?
First I need to welcome you to the DISBoards since i noticed this is your first post!
:welcome:
If you don't mind heading over to International Gateway that entrance/ticket window is much quieter! Depending on which resort you're staying at will determine how to get there. An EPCOT resort, easy-peasy walk, any other resort you'll need to take a bus to any park OTHER than EPCOT (since the buses/monorail let you off near the front of the park) and then hop on a bus to any of the EPCOT resorts and walk over to the "back" entrance.

Have a wonderful trip

I stopped by a CAA Niagara office yesterday. I was told that you could not buy tickets with the 25% discount at the counter. However, if you are booking your Disney hotel etc through a CAA travel agent, they can get you the discounted price on tickets.
Thanks for checking that out for us, now i won't need to try myself!

First I need to welcome you to the DISBoards since i noticed this is your first post!
:welcome:
If you don't mind heading over to International Gateway that entrance/ticket window is much quieter! Depending on which resort you're staying at will determine how to get there. An EPCOT resort, easy-peasy walk, any other resort you'll need to take a bus to any park OTHER than EPCOT (since the buses/monorail let you off near the front of the park) and then hop on a bus to any of the EPCOT resorts and walk over to the "back" entrance.

Have a wonderful trip

Thanks for the welcome!

We'll be heading over from Pop Century after taking the Magical Express from MCO. Would there be time saved from the shorter International Gateway line if we take into account the time spent getting there (2 buses and a walk) compared to going to the main Epcot entrance? Our flight lands at 11am on Oct 30 so I imagine we'll be at Epcot around 2-3pm. How long are ticket lines typically? I imagine it would be longer because of the food and wine festival.

Thanks for the welcome!

We'll be heading over from Pop Century after taking the Magical Express from MCO. Would there be time saved from the shorter International Gateway line if we take into account the time spent getting there (2 buses and a walk) compared to going to the main Epcot entrance? Our flight lands at 11am on Oct 30 so I imagine we'll be at Epcot around 2-3pm. How long are ticket lines typically? I imagine it would be longer because of the food and wine festival.
Not really worth it in your case! At that point in the day your wait at the ticket booth won't be that much longer (would help if I'd paid a tad more attention to your original post and noticed it first :P ) Even though F & W is on most people will already be in the park so your wait *shouldn't* be overly long. You'll have a great trip, and depending on how long you'll be there you should see the switch over from Halloween to Christmas in MK which is pretty amazing!

Just back from my CAA travel office (Brossard, Qc). They do sell the tickets with the 25% off (and not only as part of a package so I guess the offices work differently from one another) and they are actual plastic cards but, and this is a big but, they are not the "regular" tickets, they are identified as Canadian tickets. You can add them into MDE and make FP+ ressies with them but you need to exchange them for "real" tickets at Guest Services once you get to WDW. You still get the discount on the tickets and you buy them in CAN$ (they sell them in U$ but they do the conversion on the daily rate and that's what they charge you so no additional fees from the credit card company) but no one knows if these can be bridged if you want to upgrade to an AP and that's the heart of the question right there...
The employees at the CAA office tell me they are selling tickets directly from Disney but I still think they are considered as a reseller. Robo might have the answer, I'll ask him on the Theme Park board.
I didn't buy mine right away as I still need to think things through.
I'm not going until March so I have time before the promo expires but I'm afraid of a price increase in the next few weeks. I guess I'll just wait and hope we get at least a couple of days warning ahead of time so I can buy them before the raise if there is one.
First world problem, I know...:p

Thank you. You're right, the answer was no. And that is what I thought going in.

The only reason I had a moment of *hmmm* was because she was booked under the Canadian FD offer (extended booking window).

But the CM did go off the phone and check with a manager. She was unsure.

I have always been aware that you pay rack rate for the hotel room with free dining. But had no clue that it was that way with the tickets as well. But then again it's not like we have regular ticket discounts :goodvibes, so in essence I've probably never given the ticket portion any thought. And when I have done FD I used to go for the one day ticket - that used to be available - because I had old passes to use. Oh the good ol' days. :laughing: :drinking1

I had the exact same question. Thank you for checking. :)

I'm not sure if anyone all ready mentioned it. I didn't want to reread the entire thread again. But be sure to check the terms. Some dates are blocked out. I almost bought a 5 day ticket but then I noticed our arrival date was blocked out. No big deal as we've been there tons of times. We'll save the money and do a resort/Disney springs day instead of another park day.

I just checked and I can't see where it says black out dates. It says you can use them any time as they don't expire. I was just on the mobile site.

I'm not sure if anyone all ready mentioned it. I didn't want to reread the entire thread again. But be sure to check the terms. Some dates are blocked out. I almost bought a 5 day ticket but then I noticed our arrival date was blocked out. No big deal as we've been there tons of times. We'll save the money and do a resort/Disney springs day instead of another park day.

There are no block out dates for Canadians that I've noticed. But when I click on the offer, it takes me to the Florida resident tickets which have blackout dates and then I have to go back to the top and click on the Canadian tickets offer.

Maybe that's what you're seeing?

There are no block out dates for Canadians that I've noticed. But when I click on the offer, it takes me to the Florida resident tickets which have blackout dates and then I have to go back to the top and click on the Canadian tickets offer.

Maybe that's what you're seeing?
Maybe you're right. I clicked on details and it said Canadaian resident ticket and details and then said

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2017, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 1, 2016 to July 4, 2016; December 15, 2016 to December 31; 2016; January 1, 2017 to January 2, 2017; April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017; June 5, 2017 to August 10, 2017.

All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.

Maybe it's just the Florida resident tickets blocked out on the dates mentioned. Sorry about that.

Maybe you're right. I clicked on details and it said Canadaian resident ticket and details and then said

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2017, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 1, 2016 to July 4, 2016; December 15, 2016 to December 31; 2016; January 1, 2017 to January 2, 2017; April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017; June 5, 2017 to August 10, 2017.

All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.

Maybe it's just the Florida resident tickets blocked out on the dates mentioned. Sorry about that.
Yes. That's what I mean. It's confusing as to why that pops up since it has nothing to do with the Canadian offer.

Just back from my CAA travel office (Brossard, Qc). They do sell the tickets with the 25% off (and not only as part of a package so I guess the offices work differently from one another) and they are actual plastic cards but, and this is a big but, they are not the "regular" tickets, they are identified as Canadian tickets. You can add them into MDE and make FP+ ressies with them but you need to exchange them for "real" tickets at Guest Services once you get to WDW. You still get the discount on the tickets and you buy them in CAN$ (they sell them in U$ but they do the conversion on the daily rate and that's what they charge you so no additional fees from the credit card company) but no one knows if these can be bridged if you want to upgrade to an AP and that's the heart of the question right there...
The employees at the CAA office tell me they are selling tickets directly from Disney but I still think they are considered as a reseller. Robo might have the answer, I'll ask him on the Theme Park board.
I didn't buy mine right away as I still need to think things through.
I'm not going until March so I have time before the promo expires but I'm afraid of a price increase in the next few weeks. I guess I'll just wait and hope we get at least a couple of days warning ahead of time so I can buy them before the raise if there is one.
First world problem, I know...:p

Hey Tanooki, were you able to find out if you can upgrade these to an annual pass (with the discounted price still)? I'm holding off buying one just in case. If we can do it, I'm definitely buying one for this year...maybe next too! :)

Hey Tanooki, were you able to find out if you can upgrade these to an annual pass (with the discounted price still)? I'm holding off buying one just in case. If we can do it, I'm definitely buying one for this year...maybe next too! :)

Robo tells me that CAA is a reseller and that the tickets can be bridged. I'm still a little bit worried though. Not sure what I'm going to do...

Thanks everyone for all of the info on bridging tickets for the AP! I'm not sure yet what we will do but it definitely gives us something to think about especially with the new better discounts included with AP.

For the last 3 years we have always purchased our park tickets at the CAA store. I pay in US cash. The bonus part is you do not have to pay state tax. I learned the hard way on our first trip in 2010 when I purchased directly at the park I was charged state tax . Ouch. Always have the exact amount in US cash because if you need change they pay you back in Canadian converted at a terrible rate. I love that I have tickets in hand linked to my account before we leave.

I'm posting this information in several places to help my fellow Canucks out! There have been tons of questions floating around about the current room promotion ....
I have cracked the mystery folks!! The last time we were in Disney for an extended period of time my Kindle did a forced update and ever since has been "American" i can't make it a Canadian model anymore (gotta love those forced updates, NOT) ANYWAY, i was double-checking prices on it in bed and it kept reminding me that I would need CDN ID upon check-in and that my credit card needed to be attached to a CDN address. I had an Epiphany and this morning I asked a close DIS-er friend price out the same package and it was $384.36 MORE.
So well it's not saying on-line that it's a CDN price, they clearly have already taken the discount off the ticket price, winner-winner, chicken dinner!

Hi. We purchased the discounted ticket at maritime CAA last Friday (Yay!) for a Nov trip and struggled a bit to get it linked to an MDE account. Two chat sessions and a lengthy wait on hold to talk to Internet Tecnical Support and we are good to go.

MDE would not allow me to enter the ID # on the certificate, and the IT person advised me that I could have used the WDW:#### to get started. We will be buying more before the discount ends, that's for sure. Just needed simple 5-day Baes ticket this time but next time will be needing them with WP and More. What a great discount.

Here is the advice the cast member gave me via Chat when Insaidbi was not going to sit on hold on a long distance call... use 1-888-701-4100 and ask to be transferred to Internet support. This is the annual pass holders' number.

I have read the board but I'm not entirely clear on something. If we buy direct from Disney and have them ship tickets to us the Disney website says "All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use." The next sentence speaks to the option of getting will call and therefore needing to go to the Ticket booth. I was hoping that I could just link them to our magic bands and just show the passport as we do our 1st entry at the ticket gate. Thus avoiding the Ticket Booth.

I have read the board but I'm not entirely clear on something. If we buy direct from Disney and have them ship tickets to us the Disney website says "All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use." The next sentence speaks to the option of getting will call and therefore needing to go to the Ticket booth. I was hoping that I could just link them to our magic bands and just show the passport as we do our 1st entry at the ticket gate. Thus avoiding the Ticket Booth.
So i could avoid mis-quoting the only first-hand information i have seen, i chose to do a direct quote (hope you don't mind @hswillia07 )
I switched our tickets to get the discount on Sunday and I received the vouchers in the mail today. They are cards, just like regular passes would be, but they're just plain green and state that they're a voucher and where to redeem them. No charge to have them shipped here.
Further info- when I called to order the new tickets, they gave me the new confirmation number right then and there and waited with me on the phone while I linked everything in my MDE.
A bit of speculation on my part here (so take it with a grain of salt and confirm before you attempt!) You can take the vouchers and your ID to the guest service desk in Disney Springs, OR choose to go to one of the quieter ticket booths as your first stop --- the International Gateway at EPCOT or the booths at AK tend to be a tad slower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter