Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Hi Everyone,

For those that have purchased through the website, did you choose Will Call or shipped to home? Do you get a confirmation number for linking right away with both methods of delivery? Our FastPass+ window opens in a few days and I'm wondering if shipping would mean they wouldn't be linked in time. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

For those that have purchased through the website, did you choose Will Call or shipped to home? Do you get a confirmation number for linking right away with both methods of delivery? Our FastPass+ window opens in a few days and I'm wondering if shipping would mean they wouldn't be linked in time. Thanks!
According to all the other reports given you will have a number you can link immediately that will allow you to make your FP+ as soon as you link them. The certificate will arrive in the mail that you will need to take with you to activate the tickets. (i haven't done it myself but that's what others have reported further up in this thread)

Mine linked automatically to MDE when I bought them. Not sure if that's because I have an onsite ressie as well but I didn't have to do any extra step to link it.

Mine linked automatically to MDE when I bought them. Not sure if that's because I have an onsite ressie as well but I didn't have to do any extra step to link it.

This is the same for me. Changed my reservation, recieved the confirmation email and my tickets are linked on MDE

Unfortunately I already bought my DH and my PH 6day pass from UT before I knew about this deal. I have those passes sitting in my safety deposit box, not linked yet but might not be worth the time and effort to cancel these tickets. I may buy one at this discount for my son in the event that he can get his leave from the military and join us in NOV 2017

Can someone explain to me the attraction in linking any passes to AP's?
I'm sure there's something I'm missing...but they would not allow the full value of tickets towards the annuals.
It would be the reduced value ?

Can someone explain to me the attraction in linking any passes to AP's?
I'm sure there's something I'm missing...but they would not allow the full value of tickets towards the annuals.
It would be the reduced value ?
As to the why of upgrading to an AP? If you plan on making more than one trip in a 12 month period, staying longer than 10 days (max # of day on tickets), staying off-site and want the free parking that an AP gives you, want to purchase Memory Maker (also included in AP) want the discounts on dining & purchases then upgrading to an AP makes sense.

What people are wanting to know is are these tickets even upgrade-able (is that a word?!?!) to AP. Since this is what Airmiles is now sending out when people redeem for tickets and what CAA is selling the question is now even more important --- can we take these certificates and turn them into AP or in the case of the Airmiles one can we even add Hoppers to them?

There will never be any question as to the actual dollar amount spent to get these tickets, they are only offered until the end of February. I *think* the question is just plain and simple, "can these tickets be upgraded to AP"

I just got back from my CAA and I'm a little disappointed. I had to specifically ask about the 25% off because at first they gave me a price quote for the regular prices. But then once I asked about the discount they told me it would be $283 U.S. for 6 day adult base passes :confused:. First off, the Disney website says those tickets would be $266, so what is the extra $17 for? Secondly..why are they charging in U.S. funds?? I was excited to pay with my credit card and not get charged the fee for changing the currency over so now I'm a little bummed about it. Did everyone else have to pay in U.S. funds when they bought their tickets through CAA?

I just got back from my CAA and I'm a little disappointed. I had to specifically ask about the 25% off because at first they gave me a price quote for the regular prices. But then once I asked about the discount they told me it would be $283 U.S. for 6 day adult base passes :confused:. First off, the Disney website says those tickets would be $266, so what is the extra $17 for? Secondly..why are they charging in U.S. funds?? I was excited to pay with my credit card and not get charged the fee for changing the currency over so now I'm a little bummed about it. Did everyone else have to pay in U.S. funds when they bought their tickets through CAA?
I don't know about the discrepancy in the price -- it *should* be exactly what you see on the website (was the last time i bought thru CAA) however i do know that yes, they do price them in US funds. If you use your credit card you will pay whatever the current exchange rate works out to in CDN funds and you won't be charged the Foreign Transaction fee on your credit card. You could also take US cash in and pay that way. Clear as mud?

The $283 is the amount with tax

6-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day
  • 1 x Ages 10+ (
    US$266.25
    /ticket)

US$266.25

Tax
US$17.31
Prices in US Dollars (USD). Shipping not included.
Total calculated at checkout.

Subtotal
US$283.56
USD

The $283 is the amount with tax

6-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day
  • 1 x Ages 10+ (
    US$266.25
    /ticket)

US$266.25

Tax
US$17.31

Subtotal
US$283.56
USD

I was quoted $290.37 for a 7 day base ticket FWIW at CAA in kingston

I was quoted $290.37 for a 7 day base ticket FWIW at CAA in kingston

Welll I'm seeing -- but yes, tickets get better priced of course the more days purchased

Current Selections
7-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day
  • 1 x Ages 10+ (
    US$277.50
    /ticket)

US$277.50

Tax
US$18.04

Subtotal
US$295.54
USD

I know this is not an answer to the AP upgrade question but the last few times we've gone and decided to add an extra day to our disney passes, airmile passes and UT passes we only had to pay the extra day upgrade. We needed to do it at the kiosk outside the parks as our resort either wouldn't or couldn't do it for us. I also remember the lady commenting when they were outside sourced tickets. So the chances of upgrading to an AP might be good for the Canadian passes?!

HI all. I just found this thread. We have 6 of us heading down Dec 28 - Jan 2 before we get on an NCL cruise. We have had a hotel and ticket package booked for quite some time. A few weeks back when I noticed the CDN discount I called and was able to swap out our original 3 day passes for the 4 day CDN passes (who needs a down day anyway...) and we were still over $300 US ahead. More time in the parks and more cash in my pocket....it doesn't get better than that!!!

The tickets linked to MDE while I was on the phone (nothing I had to do to link them), they did confirm the tickets would be linked to our magic bands and that we would just have to show our passports when we arrive at AoA. And we have since added our fast passes so all is good to go!!!

HI all. I just found this thread. We have 6 of us heading down Dec 28 - Jan 2 before we get on an NCL cruise. We have had a hotel and ticket package booked for quite some time. A few weeks back when I noticed the CDN discount I called and was able to swap out our original 3 day passes for the 4 day CDN passes (who needs a down day anyway...) and we were still over $300 US ahead. More time in the parks and more cash in my pocket....it doesn't get better than that!!!

The tickets linked to MDE while I was on the phone (nothing I had to do to link them), they did confirm the tickets would be linked to our magic bands and that we would just have to show our passports when we arrive at AoA. And we have since added our fast passes so all is good to go!!!

Hi! Just wondering where you got the information that you only had to show your passport at AOA? Everything I have read or been told by my travel agent has been that these tickets come in voucher form that must be taken to Guest Services to be validated( but can book fast passes normally)??

It would certainly be easier if I could simply do the exchange at the resort instead of guest services!!

We are planing a family Christmas vacation for 2017 but I noticed that this year the Christmas season had a blackout date but they never mentioned that it was for future Christmas seasons....unless I read it wrong. I am going to phone DVC Member Services to see what they can tell me

I phoned DVC Member Services about future blackout dates and was told that Disney reserves the right to add blackout dates to "any tickets " that they sell. Really? They put me through to the regular website and I was told that there were or would be no future blackout dates following next August 2017. I then emailed Disney to get a reply in writing. I certainly don't want to get 8 ten day park hopper tickets that they say can't be used next Christmas. Any others have concerns?

We are planing a family Christmas vacation for 2017 but I noticed that this year the Christmas season had a blackout date but they never mentioned that it was for future Christmas seasons....unless I read it wrong. I am going to phone DVC Member Services to see what they can tell me
I phoned DVC Member Services about future blackout dates and was told that Disney reserves the right to add blackout dates to "any tickets " that they sell. Really? They put me through to the regular website and I was told that there were or would be no future blackout dates following next August 2017. I then emailed Disney to get a reply in writing. I certainly don't want to get 8 ten day park hopper tickets that they say can't be used next Christmas. Any others have concerns?
Well that CM really used the CYA answer didn't they?? Here's the details that *should* help clear things up for you (hope it does!) I'm going to copy directly from the website to avoid any extra confusion (again i hope!) The words in RED are from the Disney website
First, can you use them next year? Yes

The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!

Next, are there blackout dates? For the Canadian tickets? NO, Those dates apply to Florida Resident tickets ONLY

Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2017, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates:

I would suggest that EVERYONE who buys these tickets takes screenshots of all of the fine print while it's still up on the website as your own little version of CYA

Well that CM really used the CYA answer didn't they?? Here's the details that *should* help clear things up for you (hope it does!) I'm going to copy directly from the website to avoid any extra confusion (again i hope!) The words in RED are from the Disney website
First, can you use them next year? Yes

The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!

Next, are there blackout dates? For the Canadian tickets? NO, Those dates apply to Florida Resident tickets ONLY

Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2017, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates:

I would suggest that EVERYONE who buys these tickets takes screenshots of all of the fine print while it's still up on the website as your own little version of CYA

Thank you Donald

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter