Canadian purchaser

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
In the past (the distant past) I've purchased direct add ons over the phone with a guide. Does anyone know if that's still available? I've read a lot on the boards about some internatioinal purchasers needing to be in Florida to make their purchase.

Have you tried posting the question in the Cdn thread? I do remember (a long, long time ago), that you could only purchase direct over the phone from 2 provinces: Alberta & Ontario. Those were the only 2 provinces that DVD were registered to operate. I'm from BC and we purchased a small direct add-on while on site in 2022. Our guide made sure to mention that we needed to have our location on showing we were in Florida while signing off on the appropriate e-docs. But it seems to me I read on the threads somewhere that another BC resident did a purchase over the phone from BC - so who knows?

As far as I know, you can only buy direct from Alberta and Ontario. I have heard of Canadian members crossing the border if you live near a US state and buying from there.

I’ve tried from Saskatchewan and it was a no go. But that’s ok! Just bought our second resale contract instead!

We were able to purchase direct in April 2023 from Alberta. It is province dependent. From what I've heard, Quebec and New Brunswick are also exempt from being able to purchase internationally.

I didn't know the province dependence still held up, but I've also exclusively purchased direct for both Florida and California via phone, but unhelpfully also from Alberta.

Though I may have technically been physically in BC at the time and no one asked where I was...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter