Canadian on DCL

dion03

Earning My Ears
We are Canadian's and sailing on the Magic in March. Can anyone tell me if we will have to surrender our passports when we board the ship. Also we have booked ground transportation with DCL from the Orlando airport. Do we have to claim our luggage in Orlando or will Disney claim it for us.

Thanks for the help.

Yep, we surrendered on our Eastern cruise.

If you properly attach the DCL luggage tags AND you pre-cleared US Customs in Canada, then DCL will take your luggage to port.

I heard the opposite of what Gmark is saying. I heard that DCL was one of the few cruise companies that let you keep your passport. Maybe that's because we're going on the Western though.

I just got back from the Wonder and this was the first time they let us keep our passports. Also you no longer have to get up early for immigration. It is all done in the terminal now.

By the way we are Canadians living in Colorado for 3 years.

we had to last january (2007) but i understand that you no longer have to (as of last august). someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Just off the 02-09 Eastern and "NO" you do not have to surrender your passport anymore, did last year but not this time.

Just to confirm above poster, nope, you keep your passport.

I'm off on the Wonder in April, so that's great that we don't have to give up our passports or get up so early on the morning of the last day. thanks for the Wonderful news!!:cool1:

It is on a trial basis as I was told in October. IF everything goes smoothly, then it continues..It really was great..:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter