Canadian Lumberjacks Last Day Is Today

what I don't understand is that in Canada we don't have different holiday traditions than Americans....

Funny, I was there in October too and out of the many night time visits to Epcot, the only entertainment I heard being played up was the Lumberjacks.
I thought so too. But then as we walked around we heard others. We sat at the Tangerne Cafe and during dinner heard that one. While sitting on the Tutto Italia patio we heard the Italy one. It seemed like for at least done you had to be relatively near by.

what I don't understand is that in Canada we don't have different holiday traditions than Americans....

In Québec is different.

We have the wish log (la bûche à souhaits). We make tiny holes In a big log, roll papers with the Wishes of people of the family and the wishes Go with the smoke to the sky. When the log is all burn, the wishes Will realise.

We have the tale of chasse-galerie (one of My great uncle Was a story teller In woods - dans les chantiers)

Where i come from We have the Tourtière (the real one with diced potatoes, not the meat pie) and We served with our home made canned marinades.

The day of Noel i make My puffed omelet with lard (12 eggs), beans with Maple syrup, waffles...

It's a family tradition to make orangettes (candied Orange and lemon peels)

I make batch of Sucre à la crème (Brown Sugar and cream squares)

The turkey it's not a big thing here. We love her the first two days and hate her for more 5 days lol! We Go with pork osso bucco or bœuf bourguignon because it's easy and everybody like It.

The fruit cake not a big thing even. We just want to hide and throw It at the first moment... We prefer the tarte au sucre (Sugar pie) ou the raspberry pie (tarte aux framboises). With cream is a delight! With the leftover from the Dough, We make pets de sœurs.

It's a tradition to make a cold buffet for the Christmas eve with no crust mini sandwiches (p'tits sandwichs pas de croute) or the famous Pain sandwich (bread sliced on the lenght with 3 or 4 different sandwiches filling and a coat made with cream cheese and mayonnaise like a icing)

Last edited:
In Québec is different.

We have the wish log (la bûche à souhaits). We make tiny holes In a big log, roll papers with the Wishes of people of the family and the wishes Go with the smoke to the sky. When the log is all burn, the wishes Will realise.

We have the tale of chasse-galerie (one of My great uncle Was a story teller In woods - dans les chantiers)

Where i come from We have the Tourtière (the real one with diced potatoes, not the meat pie) and We served with our home made canned marinades.

The day of Noel i make My puffed omelet with lard (12 eggs), beans with Maple syrup, waffles...

It's a family tradition to make orangettes (candied Orange and lemon peels)

I make batch of Sucre à la crème (Brown Sugar and cream squares)

The turkey it's not a big thing here. We love her the first two days and hate her for more 5 days lol! We Go with pork osso bucco or bœuf bourguignon because it's easy and everybody like It.

The fruit cake not a big thing even. We just want to hide and throw It at the first moment... We prefer the tarte au sucre (Sugar pie) ou the raspberry pie (tarte aux framboises). With cream is a delight! With the leftover from the Dough, We make pets de sœurs.

It's a tradition to make a cold buffet for the Christmas eve with no crust mini sandwiches (p'tits sandwichs pas de croute) or the famous Pain sandwich (bread sliced on the lenght with 3 or 4 different sandwiches filling and a coat made with cream cheese and mayonnaise like a icing)

Very interesting! My mother is francophone and said she's never done these things!

I kind of enjoyed these guys - but my dad did some lumberjacking in the 30s and used to compete at local fairs in the 40s and 50s. Brings back some good memories. But two shows did it for me.

Very interesting! My mother is francophone and said she's never done these things!

Our family is a mess of francophones and anglos - depending on where the ancestors lived and what the dominant culture was. The family name (which has been traced back to an original ancestor in France in the 1600s) has been anglicized or kept to the original French and it swings with every generation. Currently, we're anglo... ish. With a francophone... ish last name. ;)

Christmas traditions:

We do definitely have the Tourtière - with potatoes and ground pork, thank you! It's my mother-in-law's recipe.

Plus, a crown roast for New Years. Blueberry pie, if my mother in law can get wild blueberries!

Christmas breakfast is the omelet, and beans with maple syrup. I like to make a braided bread with citron to go with.

My mum, who is Irish, insists that the elves secretly decorate her tree on Christmas Eve. But she's getting older, so now the "elves" are us and we have to trek over on Christmas eve to decorate her tree. ;)

Turkey is for Thanksgiving, not Christmas!

They will likely hire another contracted act to take the lumberjacks' place. If Off Kilter is willing to work as contractors (instead of Disney employees) maybe they could be in the running.

so of the first round of one-year contracts, the only survivors are the Italian flag guys? They've got a temporary group in Morocco (who are not apparently on a one-year contract) but is there any hint of replacements for UK and Canada at all?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter