Canadian Lumberjacks Get The Axe

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
"IF" all the numerous reports are accurate and the Jacks won't be returning to The Mill Stage after the Voyageurs complete their Holiday run,do you think Disney will bring a Band back or some other type act?

If you think it will be a Band,do you think there is ANY chance it could be the Kilter boys?:)

While I would love OK the truth is at least some of them have new full time jobs that I am not sure they would leave for this. Disney could easily dump then again.

I would hope for music but the trend seems to be less and less live entertainment. And considering the current managements obsession with Frozen we probably get someone singing Let It Go every 10 minutes.

While I would love OK the truth is at least some of them have new full time jobs that I am not sure they would leave for this. Disney could easily dump then again.

I would hope for music but the trend seems to be less and less live entertainment. And considering the current managements obsession with Frozen we probably get someone singing Let It Go every 10 minutes.
GREAT points.:)

The only encouraging thing is that Disney has Jason and Billy playing gigs at POFQ now,so Disney hasn't completely written off all the guys from playing at WDW.:)

How about a live improv group (with Canadian accents, 'ay) who perform comedy skits
out in the street, with the help of Epcot passers-by?

Oh, wait.

That's about the only thing I can think of that would be worse than the lumberjacks.

I hope Disney brings back Off Kilter.

Well, shucks I still haven't seen them, oh well (that was sarcasm). I wonder if the reason they don't have a musical act there is because they have the band in UK section which is just a hop, skip and jump away. There is still music in the American Amphitheater and Japan still has the drums and doesn't Morocco still have their band, so they have music throughout the park. There are the trash can guys up in FW as well. Now the other parks don't have as much but they do have some. There are the dapper dans (or whatever they are called) at MK and they have the trolley show and don't they still have the marching band over in Fantasyworld? They have the African drum guys in AK and I kind of remember seeing some sort of dance act in the Asia section once. I know HS is getting rid of their roving band so I can't think of another musical act there other than B&B on stage. Maybe guests just aren't stopping and watching those kind of things any more? I do know the UK band always has a packed crowd but I've only seen small groups of people stopped at HS watching those guys.

How about a live improv group (with Canadian accents, 'ay) who perform comedy skits
out in the street, with the help of Epcot passers-by?

I

Oh, wait.

I get the joke BUT this is exactly what I have been suggesting since they announced OK leaving. Not the WS players, but more like tbe Comedy Warehouse. A Second City/Groundlings type troupe who literally take suggestions from the audience so that each show is 100% unique....like Whose Line is it Anyway.

It would be heavenly if Off Kilter returns to their rightful place on the Mill Stage. I don't have high hopes for that, but boy would it be awesome.

I'd imagine that after as long a run as OK had, that when Disney ended it, it left a pretty sour taste. One of those tastes that you don't look back once you walk out the door.

I don't think Disney expected the lumberjacks to last long either. The cuts they made in the last few years regarding musical entertainment and then the corresponding replacements have left us looking at a pattern of decline in all the Epcot entertainment. I'm a drum corps person, I'd love to see FutureCorps again, but I know it's never coming back. Thankfully, for now, I can still go see the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra and the Main Street Philharmonic (which btw, is home to some of the members of FutureCorps).

I recall when the news broke that they were axing OK in favor of the lumberjacks. There were several people who predicted that TPTB would throw in an inferior replacement and then cancel them when enough negative opinions had been received. And then not replace them with anything. And they could respond to any criticism by saying they were responding to guest wishes. Call me cynical, but I'm not ruling this out just yet.It seems to be their current MO.

We watched the lumberjack show. It was ok, not bad.

Probably wouldn't watch the whole thing again but would have stopped by to see parts of it as I walked around.

I guess I just like chainsaws

I'd imagine that after as long a run as OK had, that when Disney ended it, it left a pretty sour taste. One of those tastes that you don't look back once you walk out the door.

You may be right but at least two of the band members currently play at Port Orleans and two others are employed in other roles at Walt Disney World. So it's not like they all left the company.....

You may be right but at least two of the band members currently play at Port Orleans and two others are employed in other roles at Walt Disney World. So it's not like they all left the company.....

Like I said, the guys from FutureCorps also did this. Some are now the Jammitors and a few went to the Main St. Philharmonic... So just because they're still with the company doesn't really mean much.

Also, there's the local musicians union and such that is involved. If you're a musician and work for Disney, you're in the union. So there's that end of it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter