Canadian experience with this site?

OurLaughingPlace

DIS Veteran
Just saw www.raise.com on another site discussing purchasing of Landry gift cards. Noticed that there were also Disney Gift cards on this site (not sure if the 6% savings is worth it after the credit card / exchange aspects); however, the Landry ones are 24% savings (and we usually eat at T-Rex, so could use this card). Just wondering if any Canadians have used this site? The vouchers can be printed off and so can the e-cards (if I'm reading it correctly).

Looks great, heard about them, but as there site says , no international transactions at this point. But if you have a US bank account you might be able to work around that. Not sure.

Thanks for your reply mort1331. I tried several times but got the same response as you saw 'no international transactions'. I'd also like the Disney Visa, but still haven't figured out a way, as a Canadian, to get one. Thanks again for your response.

Does PayPal work?
I just sent an email to their customer service asking this - thank you for the suggestion.
When I go to my shopping cart, it automatically says it can't be done, but hopefully I will get some help with the email to customer service. Don't really understand why it wouldn't work (I'm trying to get a voucher, which would be emailed, not the actual physical gift card mailed to me). If it works I will come back on the Dis and let other Canadians know.

Just saw www.raise.com on another site discussing purchasing of Landry gift cards. Noticed that there were also Disney Gift cards on this site (not sure if the 6% savings is worth it after the credit card / exchange aspects); however, the Landry ones are 24% savings (and we usually eat at T-Rex, so could use this card). Just wondering if any Canadians have used this site? The vouchers can be printed off and so can the e-cards (if I'm reading it correctly).

I'd be interested in what you find out as well. One thing I wanted to mention is Costco.com sells Landry gift cards at a 20% discount but there is only one denomination - $100 for $80. Your Cdn costco membership will work in the US.

Just a reminder that the US Costco still takes Amex - their Visa deal doesn't start until 2016.

Also thanks to OLP for checking on Paypal with the raise site.

Just a reminder that the US Costco still takes Amex - their Visa deal doesn't start until 2016.

Also thanks to OLP for checking on Paypal with the raise site.

Here is the response that I got from raise.com So, if you know someone living in the U.S, you could do this -we don't:-(

Hello ****,

Thank you for contacting Raise Member Services.

Currently, we are only able to do transactions within the United States. Are you living in the U.S. and have a U.S. based credit card?

PayPayl is only used for sellers, as a means to get paid.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with by calling 1-888-578-8422, M-F 8am-8pm CDT or Saturday/Sunday 9am-5pm CDT.

Have a great day!

Finn

Raise Member Services
support@raise.com
(888) 578-8422

My brother does live on the U.S. so that avenue is available to me. But obviously it would have been simpler to do it myself.

Thanks again for checking!

Thanks for your reply mort1331. I tried several times but got the same response as you saw 'no international transactions'. I'd also like the Disney Visa, but still haven't figured out a way, as a Canadian, to get one. Thanks again for your response.
I tried to apply for a Disney VISA and was so sad to discover Canadians can't get one. :sad1: I'd love it if they'd change that rule!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter